8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus installed my HID's today, i got them off ebay 40 bucks :/

anyway, there bright i like em an all but they have a tad bit of flickering kinda annoying especially on the right side

anyway when i go to turn my lights on, i get a lil static clickin noise in my speakers as you first turn them on, an thts it, i hate it tho

anyone have this same problem

0oh an now i have to reset my NAVI cause i unhooked my battery :rantsmiley:

·
Registered
225 Posts
ALL HIDs will do this wether you notice it or not. some do it more noticeably than others. the reason why its doing that, is although the battery is on the drivers side, electricity flows to the passengers side first giving the right headlight more power and giving the left less. its basically acting like it wants to short out. if u keep the same HID bulbs long enough, youll start to notice a color change in the right headlight because its being OVER powered and causes it to burn out quicker. most likely, 90% of the time, ur right headlight is the first to go out with an HID kit. its completely normal, dont worry about it.

@ curtis, theres no way to IMPROPERLY ground a ballast, the two connectors from the ballast to the bulb harness are your positive and negative, your negative being your ground. now PLACEMENT of the ballast is a different story. you want to mount it wherever gets the best air flow but stays dry at the same time to keep it cooled off and from shorting out.

.......electricity 101, hehe, physics

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
That's what i thought too!

but i've read somewhere about having 'floating ground loops' and things like that.

People say that you should be having your ballast attached firmly to metal

I suppose i shouldn't talk about what i dont understand, hahaha...

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's what i thought too!

but i've read somewhere about having 'floating ground loops' and things like that.

People say that you should be having your ballast attached firmly to metal

I suppose i shouldn't talk about what i dont understand, hahaha...
i wouldnt attach a ballast to metal....EVER! there's transistors inside the little casing the ballast is in, and most ballasts have a metal casing. any static could disrupt a transistor or just totally screw ur ballasts. mine are mounted on my fuse box, and right next to the radiator fan. mind you, my hood is vented but not to where my ballast will get wet. and ive personally never seen a ground wire hanging out of a ballast.

OH, and if ur hearing clicking in ur SPEAKERS, then idk how the hell that happened....maybe interference?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALL HIDs will do this wether you notice it or not. some do it more noticeably than others. the reason why its doing that, is although the battery is on the drivers side, electricity flows to the passengers side first giving the right headlight more power and giving the left less. its basically acting like it wants to short out. if u keep the same HID bulbs long enough, youll start to notice a color change in the right headlight because its being OVER powered and causes it to burn out quicker. most likely, 90% of the time, ur right headlight is the first to go out with an HID kit. its completely normal, dont worry about it.

@ curtis, theres no way to IMPROPERLY ground a ballast, the two connectors from the ballast to the bulb harness are your positive and negative, your negative being your ground. now PLACEMENT of the ballast is a different story. you want to mount it wherever gets the best air flow but stays dry at the same time to keep it cooled off and from shorting out.

.......electricity 101, hehe, physics

0ohh no wonder y my last car seemed to be more white on the passenger side..i had no clue..thanks for the info

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldnt attach a ballast to metal....EVER! there's transistors inside the little casing the ballast is in, and most ballasts have a metal casing. any static could disrupt a transistor or just totally screw ur ballasts. mine are mounted on my fuse box, and right next to the radiator fan. mind you, my hood is vented but not to where my ballast will get wet. and ive personally never seen a ground wire hanging out of a ballast.

OH, and if ur hearing clicking in ur SPEAKERS, then idk how the hell that happened....maybe interference?
yea somewhat..just when i turn them on..some kinda inference idk how tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts