8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe it's a mid-life crisis or something but I've been really hating my full time job lately. I sit at a desk all day designing stuff on CAD which is easy work and all but I just hating sitting at a desk all day. I'm a guy who like to be working hands on and not sitting all day. Those of you who know me and my side work from my detailing thread know where my passion is. I love working with cars and trying out new products! Though I do not want to detail cars for a living that I'm sure of. Its fine doing it on the side but it's hard on the body especially since I'm not 18 anymore.

Anyway, I know I'm not happy doing what I am now and I want to find a job that still pays well but will allow me to wake up in the morning and be excited to go to work. I thought about it a lot this last week and I would love to work for a company in the car care product industry. Obviously Meguiars would be my number one choice since I feel they are easily the leader in this area. 3M is good too but I feel they specialize more in the body shop area on their products. I plan to submit my resume and cover letter to Meguairs but wanted to see if anyone has a good contact that could maybe help get my foot in the door?

Thanks,
Rasky :wavey:

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Although I can't help, I would just say best of luck dude! From what I've seen, you probably won't need it though. I guess a small suggestion I could give is to get on the Meguiar's forum if you're not already on there and scoping there.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yodums said:
Although I can't help, I would just say best of luck dude! From what I've seen, you probably won't need it though. I guess a small suggestion I could give is to get on the Meguiar's forum if you're not already on there and scoping there.
Good Idea! Thanks man! I should probably clean up my deatiling thread a little in case I have them check it out. :biggrin:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yea if your not happy at your job then you shouldn't be there..
Go for what your passion is..that's your best bet! Definitely try to apply at Meguiars until you get in!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I signed up to the Meguiars forum today....I can't believe I've never been on a detailing forum! Hopefully this can help get my foot in the door...I posted a link to my Detailing thread in my sig.:thumb: :biggrin:

I guess at the very least I could maybe pick up some new tips or tricks I haven't seen before.

Rasky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts