8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, who gets over 600 kms a tank constently??
I average out abuot 500 on 45 liters, and and guessing i can get 550/50 liters if i went the distance.
This is mainly all city driving and i have goton over 600 on the hwy.
Right now im trying to stay in the economy vtec mode with the AC off the entire tank, just to see if i can get 600 in the city.
Next would be to find a light weight set of 15s, maybe hybrids? to see if that helps out a bit.
Im using the DX steelies at the moment, and am assuming they weight in at about 20 lbs.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
pks17 said:
HI, who gets over 600 kms a tank constently??
I average out abuot 500 on 45 liters, and and guessing i can get 550/50 liters if i went the distance.
This is mainly all city driving and i have goton over 600 on the hwy.
Right now im trying to stay in the economy vtec mode with the AC off the entire tank, just to see if i can get 600 in the city.
Next would be to find a light weight set of 15s, maybe hybrids? to see if that helps out a bit.
Im using the DX steelies at the moment, and am assuming they weight in at about 20 lbs.
Not sure what 600km is in miles, but I've gone 460 miles on one tank of gas in my EX.

·
Registered
135 Posts
what the heck ... by best is only maybe 450-480ish km from a tank (all city driving).. and recently, it's been getting worst .. maybe 400km/tank (no AC at all)

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
You guy's have got to be shitting me!....

400+ miles on one tank of gas?! Son of a *****, I get a max of 380 if im lucky. I do mostly city driving and I've got an EX also. I need to slow it down or something cause I wasn't aware people were getting that great of mileage on their EX's. How do you guy's drive?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i drive an LX (AT) .. and apparently, if i drive slow and accelerate slowly, i use up more gas (letting it shift ~2k) ..

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

400+ miles on one tank of gas?! Son of a *****, I get a max of 380 if im lucky. I do mostly city driving and I've got an EX also. I need to slow it down or something cause I wasn't aware people were getting that great of mileage on their EX's. How do you guy's drive?
I dunno, about 50-50 city/highway for me. I cruise around 60-75 on the highway -- always on cruise control. Around the city is where I'll really drive like an ass: 10 over, floor it when the light changes, etc. 420 miles to the tank is routine for me. The highest I've gone is 465, I think.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Man, I have an Si, and if I don't romp on it, I can get 350 miles on a tank during a week. A lot of stop and go with a bit of highway mixed in FYI.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
damn! most i have gotten is 310 and thats basically city driving..

right now i am getting 290 driving in the city with my LX Sedan Auto.. I should take it a little more easy when taking off. I want to get at least 330 lol

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
i get 450-500 miles(724-804km) per tank and my average tank is around 10 gal(38L)..i drive mostly highway...sometimes with the AC..LX Sedan Auto

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Doubt the CAI is hurting your mpg, unless your foot is buried in the accellerator more now b/c you like how it sounds. The mpg on my Si actually went up a little bit once I installed my Injen.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I dunno, I hardly ever go over 3,ooo rpms, but I do have it floored till I get there and I consistently go around 60+ no matter what the limit is.

I'll try to slow it down on this next tank and see if I can get anything remotely close to what you guys have gotten.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an 07 SI and just yesterday I was at 420 miles and I had 1 light left on my gas guage. I drive about 160 miles a day, almost all highway, and that is pretty normal for me. I've gotten a little better, but not much. And driving so much, I take it pretty easy.
Before I started making that drive, I think I was in the high 300s to low 400s per tank doing mostly city driving with a little highway.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The temperature of the air has a LOT to do with it too. Morning driving in the cold will mean decreased MPG, warmer weather will mean increased MPG.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
460miles on a tank of gas?
Isnt that better then posted by honda??
cant be true, ru guys sure your keeping track properly??
the best i got was 620KMS all on the highway

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.