8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to put on a set of light weight 14s on my civic.
Dont hate on me! haha. but i wouldnt mind riding on 14x8 rims with some high performance summer tires or even street slicks. I would have alot of money for tires if iwent with 14s lol.
Anyone know what offset would fit, or if it would fit at all??
Im sure the DX calipers arent any bigger then past civics.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
pks17 said:
I would love to put on a set of light weight 14s on my civic.
Dont hate on me! haha. but i wouldnt mind riding on 14x8 rims with some high performance summer tires or even street slicks. I would have alot of money for tires if iwent with 14s lol.
Anyone know what offset would fit, or if it would fit at all??
Im sure the DX calipers arent any bigger then past civics.
The lowest I'd go would be 15s... I don't think anyone's put 14s on. Your speedo will be inaccurate. Take off your wheels, get out a tape measurer and measure before you go out shopping!:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
speedo accuray is about tire wall

the question is more will the 14'' rim will clear the galiper??
I really need an answer too

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
speedo accuray is about tire wall

the question is more will the 14'' rim will clear the galiper??
I really need an answer too
Unless you're gonna find a tire with an aspect ratio of 60 or 70, your speedo will be off.

As to will it clear? You're gonna have to measure. No one's done 14s here that I know of.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my 15in alloys barely clear the brakes on my winter wheels. I haven't tried, but I know there isn't room to go that much smaller.

I understand why people go from 16 to 15 in for their seasonal wheels, but 14? why so small?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
my 15in alloys barely clear the brakes on my winter wheels. I haven't tried, but I know there isn't room to go that much smaller.

I understand why people go from 16 to 15 in for their seasonal wheels, but 14? why so small?
Less mass to rotate = faster acceleration.

·
Registered
376 Posts
14" won't clear the brakes. Even if they did you'd have a hard time finding a proper tire to fit an 8" wide wheel.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
14" won't clear the brakes. Even if they did you'd have a hard time finding a proper tire to fit an 8" wide wheel.
:yeahthat: You'd have to roll on little training wheels -- which won't help you too much with handling whatever acceleration gains you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smaller rim and lower profile you go, the shorter the overall tire/rim.
basically that equals to better gear ratios for accerleration. it also put the speedo off by reading higher. Going from a 65 series tire on a 15 inch rim, to a 50 seriies tire on the same rim is about 7% better gear ratio or so.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have 14's on my LX and they fit fine and my speedo is fine aswell. But wheel spacers should be thought about aswell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts