8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
My car had just over 96,000 miles on it. After I noticed that the engine block was cracked, I called Honda and was also just 2 months out of the 10 year warranty. They wouldn't even budge an inch.

I work at an Apple service provider and their customer service is a lot better in this circumstance. I've had a customer come in and their computer had an issue with the logic board, which was covered under a quality program. We found out that the computer was just past the extended warranty and the customer bought the computer used, They called Apple customer support and they extended their coverage no big deal and we covered it under the quality program (The logic board is one of the most expensive parts in the computer as well). The reason why they do this is because they back their products, they want everyone that uses an Apple computer to recognize that the product is top quality as well as the customer service, where as Honda cared more about how much money i've paid them in the past and not about backing their vehicles or even offering good service.

It was rough for me as this was my first car I ever purchased and now i'm stuck with a broken car and a $6k loan that I can't pay off because Honda wouldn't extend it or back their vehicles.

Anyways, there are my frustrations. Glad to help with the experiences. I really would love for Honda to take a little bit of action and help us out as it wasn't our fault the engine blocks are cracking, but a poorly built engine that they should take a hit on.
A thousand dollar laptop is not the same at a 5k+ motor and labor costs though. So something to consider.

· Registered
3 Posts
No good deed goes unpunished category: I bought a 2007 Honda Civic new, as they are made in my country and I like to support home industry. It was not my primary driver, so it was after 10 years and when the issue appeared, just under the mileage limit. I called Honda and got a flat "no" for an engine replacement. I am finally getting around to working on it myself, never worked on a "modern" car and they are much more trouble than the cars I worked on 25 years ago...

141 - 142 of 142 Posts