8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engines can be found all over for $500 to $1000 depending on kilometers. Picked up a 2010 with 75,000kms on it for $950.
Thanks. Will try to find one. Asked a place to do just epoxy and he’s charging me $200. I can literally see the spot but can’t get to it. Wish I was knowledgeable enough to do it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Sorry if this isn’t the right area to post but I am too grief stricken with the repair cost of 4.5k. I would like to start a thread to so we can document how many other people's engine blocks are cracking after the 10 year warranty expiration. I just had mine crack (after 102k) last week and brought it in. I am 2 months out of the warranty coverage.

I did a bit of research and saw that the engine normally fails at around 90k-110k miles.

Since there are people out there who dont drive more than 8k miles a year it would take about 11.25 years on average for their engine to fail.

I want to know from other owners do they think it is possible to get a class action put together to cover this issue indefinitely because 100k and buy a new engine is a bit ridiculous.

Again sorry if it isnt the right area maybe a moderator can help me. Again this is a 2.5k-4.5k issue. I feel that it should be addressed by the community.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Will try to find one. Asked a place to do just epoxy and he’s charging me $200. I can literally see the spot but can’t get to it. Wish I was knowledgeable enough to do it myself.
Any luck finding replacement from dealer or manufacturer? I have same thing missed deadline by months. Been sitting in garage since.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Any luck finding replacement from dealer or manufacturer? I have same thing missed deadline by months. Been sitting in garage since.
What i've heard is that no matter what "fix" you do to it, it just won't work. Whatever fix it gets might hold on for a while as temporary, but the real fix is to swap the whole engine or junk the vehicle. It's unfortunate but for some people, JB weld has worked for them. I don't know about epoxy.

·
Registered
2010 Si sedan 86k for sale
56 Posts
What i've heard is that no matter what "fix" you do to it, it just won't work. Whatever fix it gets might hold on for a while as temporary, but the real fix is to swap the whole engine or junk the vehicle. It's unfortunate but for some people, JB weld has worked for them. I don't know about epoxy.
Jb weld is epoxy. Before you put the epoxy on, spray the area with brake cleaner or denatured alcohol and that will clean off the area and let the epoxy stick. Should work just fine. A pack of jb weld is like 5-7 dollars and almost all places carry it including Walmart.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jb weld is epoxy. Before you put the epoxy on, spray the area with brake cleaner or denatured alcohol and that will clean off the area and let the epoxy stick. Should work just fine. A pack of jb weld is like 5-7 dollars and almost all places carry it including Walmart.
Dumb moment, I didn't know smh. I've never had to use that kind of stuff in my car. 163k on the original block.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts