• Yes

Votes: 92 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.6%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Not particularly no. I do give it a glance every now and then...but I don't find it all that necessary when driving around town. I do tend to look at it more when I'm doing slightly spirited (shifting at 6k) driving though, just to make sure I don't hit the VTEC crossover. :D

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Tach is key for tuning and tinkering if you are around a bunch of cars all the time. 3k sounds MUCH different in a vette than it does a honda, so I guess its good for that.
I'm not sure what you're saying has anything to do with the topic... How do you tune anything with a tachometer? And what is good about a vette sounding different from a honda?

I'm not trying to argue with you... just trying to understand what you're saying here....

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
tach is important for hard driving.

you need to be sure that the car wont overrev for a downshift, and its good for shift point as well. the built in shift light in our car is not good..it flashes too early (7500) and if you wait for solid (8000) unless you pay super attention, by the time you notice that its solid, youve hit the limiter. they should either make it start flashing at 7800, or make the color change at 8000. atleast for me, the reaction time from flashing to solid it just to long.

looking at the tach is also good for double clutching/heel toe, but it can be done without looking at the tach with practice.

normal driving i dont really see the tach at all. especially with the split dash setup.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
paek power is reached at 7800 rpms thats why is flashes then

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.