8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

to fix or not to fix

• junk it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• hit it with the purse (learn from facebook)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my car has an issue with the driver side door not aligning correctly. Each time I close it I have notice that I have to use more force than the other doors. Today, after doing a close inspection on the hinges I notice that the frame is push/bend inwards :( As you can see on the photos below. Initially, I though that was metal solder from manufacturing but it is not hard to the touch. Thus, I feel that its just plain red silicon on the base of the hinges. My conclusion is that the car was on an accident and both doors were swap at some point. I could not fin VIN stiker....
I guess my question is, If you were on my position, Would you fix it? or leave it as is and pretend is added character to the car lol.
Thanks for your input
Hood Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Trunk

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
To get that properly fix is going to be a massive hassle ($$). If you can live with it, do so. That sucks. Although it doesn't appear to be too bad. Go to a body shop and quote a price, MAYBE it won't be too bad (doubt it though).

Good luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for y'all input. I just wanted to have a second opinion. I felt robbed after I found out the car was on a small accident. The place that sold me the car claim no accident. Also carproof (Canadian car max) did not listed any accident ;( oh well live and learn ...

·
Super Moderator
2,512 Posts
Even if you got a carfax, that is a sham b/c as you know (or already figured out), even if you get into an accident and don't report it to the insurance, the carfax will come back clean. If the rest of the car is fine, be happy. I feel for ya though, I'd feel scammed too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not finding a VIN is a key RED FLAG... there are multiple on my '08 Civic, lower corner of windshield, door frames, under hood, even in the trunk I came across one.
Its possible the actual car does not go with the title/registration you have.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Maybe the door just needs to be realigned? There is adjustment in the hinges to move things around. May not be 100% perfect but better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not finding a VIN is a key RED FLAG... there are multiple on my '08 Civic, lower corner of windshield, door frames, under hood, even in the trunk I came across one.
Its possible the actual car does not go with the title/registration you have.
ya I did screw up on that one ... We should have a wiki on how to look for vin stickers on all panels of the car lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe the door just needs to be realigned? There is adjustment in the hinges to move things around. May not be 100% perfect but better.
yeah .. I would definitely try to get a quote on a body shop. I mainly wanted to have a second opinion from you guys. I was not sure if I was making a big deal out of this. you know some car people are very anal when it comes to body finishes etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts