8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that a LOT of Hondas have second gear grinds.
Civics, Integras, RSX's, S2k's... etc.
My Integra grinds -_-"

Will the new Si be infamous for this problem?

lol

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Well, I have a 2002 Civic Si and don't have that 2nd gear grind. So, with that said, in my opinion the 06 si will not have that problem.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
No problems at all with 2nd in my Si. Smooth shifting for me all the way to 5th. 5th to 6th needs a little guidance. There is slight resistance on the 5th to 6th shift and without a little effort it wants to go back to 4th.

This is exactly the same thing that has happened on my two RSX-S test drives, so it does not surprise me at all. Getting used to it already.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Shift

Some times going from first to second in my 04 Si, I miss second, get a little bit of a grind, have to let the RPMs drop a bit (off red) the put it in second....and of course it CANT be my timing and shifting, so it HAS to be something wrong with my second gear.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mcpaige said:
Some times going from first to second in my 04 Si, I miss second, get a little bit of a grind, have to let the RPMs drop a bit (off red) the put it in second....and of course it CANT be my timing and shifting, so it HAS to be something wrong with my second gear.

It's this notchy feeling you get when you shift directly from 1st to 2nd. I try to avoid by leaving in neutral for a second longer. It works... but only sometimes.

I remember driving in the cold and this other Integra came next the me. When he shifted to 2nd, I felt sorry since I could hear his grind in my car. It was just loud and I heard the gears locking in.

lol... I have this gut feeling in a few months... "2nd gear notchiness/grind" will be a topic! lol

eh... I would still get the Si if I could afford it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
mcpaige said:
=p ;)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
the TSX & RSX were both very smooth on the 2nd gear, so I'd have to say no as well. The tranny in my opinion is very smooth and nice.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman! On another note, congratulations on using the search function. ;)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
mcpaige said:
those type of shifters look so uncomfortable to use, not to mention ugly.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Second gear should not be a problem at all. My tranny is tight and shifts are smooth in second.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts