8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah would you guys recommend getting the clearshield ?

the store obviously does but idk...

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have the VentureShield. I'll put this on all of my cars in the future. My 04' TSX bumper doesn't have one and it's all tore up. However, my Si is just as nice as the day that I bought it!

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
I had the 3M invisible bra on my last 2 RSXs. They are by far the best protective investment you can make for your car.
dont they yellow after a while. i like them but would prefer to have the whole car covered becuase i dont like how the line they make.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
dont they yellow after a while. i like them but would prefer to have the whole car covered becuase i dont like how the line they make.
You can get the whole hood covered. 3M comes in 48" material, Ventureshield currently comes in 52" I believe. But that's $$$$$$. Hey, that little line is better than rock chips and bug damage.

I'm not a big fan of bekaert's clearshield.

3M, Ventureshield....both nice.

XPEL no longer sells 3M film. Instead they now have their own film. The top-dollar "premium" film is awesome. Super clear, low orange peel. Let's see how well it holds up.

PPF doesn't really "yellow". It can once it gets really old. The color change that happens before that is typically dirt getting embedded and also the urethane absorbing oil-based pollutants. Wash your car often, use a good synthetic wax on the PPF (like NXT), and once a year buff it with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeez... dont feel like getting a quote from anyone... how much do u guys think it would cost to do the whole thing ?
i was thinking about just getting the mirrors and the front dont because of bugs and shizz

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
$500-700 depending on the type and the place you get it done. I got a lot of stuff covered in ventureshield for $750. all of the PPF's can turn a different shade depending on how you take care of it. they self repair when rocks hit them 'n stuff, so dirt can get embedded in them if you dont wash your car frequently enough. (as can bug juice, ew) so you might notice it "yellow" without properly taking care of it. use Plexus to clean it just as often as you wax. also be SURE not to ever use carnuba wax on PPF because it WILL make it yellow. use only synthetic wax on them. 3M is pretty good. I heard they have wrapped edges? I've never seen it though. I have ventureshield and am happy with it.
The installer is everything, so be sure to go to a good one. If you use ventureshield they have a list of installers on their websites and they are rated. They have authorized installers, which may be good or may not be. then they have certified installers, and they are ranked by stars. the more stars the better. :) certified installers are your best bet. I drove 2.5hr to a good place to get mine done.
I'll never drive a new car without PPF.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I heard they have wrapped edges? I've never seen it though. I have ventureshield and am happy with it.

The installer is everything, so be sure to go to a good one.
Well, most kit installers don't wrap edges.

Some bulk installers do wrap edges. Some patterns are intended to be wrapped, some are not. Thus it depends on the installer and which pattern software they are using or it depends on the installer and how they do bulk (hand cut).

Sadly, I don't think a civic hood can have the edges wrapped. The metal is stamped kind of funny. Someone might be able to do it, but I couldn't.

True, it's all about the installer. Typically the better the installer the higher the price, but not always.

Price is completely dependant on what you want done. Some people just get the hood/fender/mirrors done (that's a standard "package"), some get the bumper too. Others want the a-pillars and roof line also done. Rocker panels are a popular area.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Cheaper than paint!

Plus, unlike repainting your car....the car looks nice for a long time. Instead of looking good, then worse, then worse, the repaint and looking good, and restarting the cycle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.