8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a search for R18 but could not find anything about this ,has any of you R 18 owners had the need to change your tranny fluid to amsoil? I don't have a big issue with mine except some times I find it a bit difficult to change to third grear unless I pause a couple of seconds then push it in.
I'm not sure that warrants a fluid change to synthetic,do you?

·
Registered
124 Posts
From what I've read on the forum some people think Amsoil improves shifting, others don't. Either way, making the switch won't hurt your car so it's worth trying if you want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When my car needs new transmission fluid I'm going to use amsoil. Alot of people on the forums say its alot smoother.

Anyone know when the manual suggests to change MTF?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
i cant put anything else in but "honda oil" (which seems to be quaker state because thats the sticker i get.) because it will void the warrenty

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
From what I've read on the forum some people think Amsoil improves shifting, others don't. Either way, making the switch won't hurt your car so it's worth trying if you want.
I think it makes a pretty big difference. Shifting gears is smoother and it feels mechanically effortless.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
i cant put anything else in but "honda oil" (which seems to be quaker state because thats the sticker i get.) because it will void the warrenty
false info. even honda owners manual and ownerlink confirms that you can use any brand of oil that is withing the rating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts