8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start my car and see white headlights shining, not yellow.

2 years ago, I was told companies didn't make nice white light DRL's for my 2010 Si.

The reason: The DRL bulbs we have are a 2 stage unit, both daytime running and high beam. So, their light would burn out.

Any new products?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I want to start my car and see white headlights shining, not yellow.

2 years ago, I was told companies didn't make nice white light DRL's for my 2010 Si.

The reason: The DRL bulbs we have are a 2 stage unit, both daytime running and high beam. So, their light would burn out.

Any new products?

Good news, we just launched our new DRL LED Driver for our 9005 Xtreme LED Pro kits which will allow the LED lights to dim in daytime running light mode.

Here's a little more info about them:

Danny

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
So, a year and some months later, has anyone tried this kit (DRL driver)? I'm dying to try it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I know with LEDs that u need to get a multiple sided one, not the LEDs with just 2 sides. As far as blinding drivers...well they are bright..?‍♂

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed LED DRL/high beams the other day. Both are illuminated the camera just wouldn’t pick it up for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
I installed LED DRL/high beams the other day. Both are illuminated the camera just wouldn’t pick it up for some reason.
LED do flash (can't remember how many times per second, but enough for a camera to pick up). They seem a tad bright, how do you like them? Are they very bright when the Hi's are on?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
LED do flash (can't remember how many times per second, but enough for a camera to pick up). They seem a tad bright, how do you like them? Are they very bright when the Hi's are on?

Thanks
They’re super bright man, they’re 6k lumens. Here’s a pic of the high beams.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts