Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
*this is not intended to start a debate or discussion about religions, etc.

Consider it a 'helpful hint'.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
twistedframe said:
if you didn't want to start a religious debate, why post a huge verse from..dun dun dun THE BIBLE!!! This is one of the things that just makes me so upset about religion. I don't want it thrown in my face everywhere I go. If I wanted to read bible verse, guess what I would read the bible not log on to a CAR FORUM.

/rant
but all you had to do was just close out the thread and not read it. but i guess since your a moderator you have to read it to make sure it alright for us. (by the way im not being a smartass)

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
If I wanted to abuse my mod "powers" then yes I would have closed it and told you all to screw off. But I didn't. I merely stated my opinion of the thread. Its not so much the post that got me heated, but the little thought "not to start a debate". You are on a forum with thousands of people from all different walks of life. Anything you post has the chance to become a debate. Also there is no need to start a thread to post up one bible verse. Go back to the other thread about the bible being funny and post it up in there.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
It seems there are wayyyyy too many people out there "not worrying"....not worrying about paying child support or getting a job so they dont have to be on welfare- thats the kind of people who are "not worrying".

Too many people "not worrying" about using protection, spreading HIV and drunk driving.....yes yes everything will work its self out. Too many people refinancing their homes for the 3rd time and living beyond their means so they "dont have to worry" about money problems.

Well....they are all going to forclosure now......and now they are going to be worried about being homeless. Of course, they shouldnt have to worry....God will provide them with a new house....if they believe in him.

*it is sooooo ironic that soooo many "religious" people are only religious because they are WORRIED, worried about what could happen if they were wrong and God did really exhist. Religious people are the biggest worriers on the planet......:eek:hnoes:

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Lucas, don't be a jackass with your little thumbs-up icon. I agree with Twistedframe... thanks for being hypocritical by posting a bible verse and telling us to not have a religious discussion. Besdies, as we all said on the other bible thread, you're supposed to provide some kind of explanation in conjunction with a verse you quoted.

Bear in mind this is a privately-owned forum, so we have full control over what goes on here (you agreed to this when you signed up). If stuff like this continues, we'd gladly run the forum as we see fit.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
07BlakBlak said:
It seems there are wayyyyy too many people out there "not worrying"....not worrying about paying child support or getting a job so they dont have to be on welfare- thats the kind of people who are "not worrying".

Too many people "not worrying" about using protection, spreading HIV and drunk driving.....yes yes everything will work its self out. Too many people refinancing their homes for the 3rd time and living beyond their means so they "dont have to worry" about money problems.

Well....they are all going to forclosure now......and now they are going to be worried about being homeless. Of course, they shouldnt have to worry....God will provide them with a new house....if they believe in him.

*it is sooooo ironic that soooo many "religious" people are only religious because they are WORRIED, worried about what could happen if they were wrong and God did really exhist. Religious people are the biggest worriers on the planet......:eek:hnoes:
interesting points. but i believe there is a difference between "not worrying" and not acting responsibly....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.