8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning to anyone out there looking to do an aftermarket Navi install. Do not buy the Metra Dash kit - it is garbage. I am not impressed with it at all! Colour is fine, but it doesn't even fit on the dash properly. It has funny angles to it, and overall looks bad.

Anybody know where I can get an OEM navi dash kit from in Canada? colleg hills does not ship to Canada :(

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Yes they do. My sister just ordered from them last week. Did they say why they don't ship here? Try hondapartsdeals.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man . For some reason I didn't think they shipped to Canada - must of got them confused with some one else. Cheers

·
Registered
734 Posts
I work in mobile electronics install and if I ever had a customer show up here wanting a radio in an 8th gen I'd send them to Honda or tell them to look online and order the OEM piece. Metra makes some nice stuff, dont know what happened when they made this...designer musta fallen asleep.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Scosche makes an aftermarket dash kit for the 06+ Civic.
I have it installed, color matches perfectly, fitment is just like stock. Only complain is that the MAX A/C button on the bottom left is a bit cramped.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Anyone have pics of the Metra or Scosche kits? I used the OEM piece and it looks nice but there's a gap around the unit (Alpine IVA-W200) and the Alpine trim ring won't fit in there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone have pics of the Metra or Scosche kits? I used the OEM piece and it looks nice but there's a gap around the unit (Alpine IVA-W200) and the Alpine trim ring won't fit in there.
i had the same problem with my kenwood ddx7019 i just drilled new holes to set it further back and just trimmed the piece with a table saw. looked almost like factory nav.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Anybody know where I can get an OEM navi dash kit from in Canada? colleg hills does not ship to Canada :(
I order the navi dash from hondapartsdeals.com ... It arrived yesterday, looks awesome. Shipping is hella expensive though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have metra's dash kit on mine... it really sux!!

on the day i installed, it was nice!
but everyday i leave my car on the sun... and the panel started to curve on top... the fitment is not good... and it started to make a little noise...

that's why i'm buying OEM dash...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've tried all three. Metra from the installers was crap. Bad fit, bad color, too tight on the AC controls, and hard to get to buttons and knob on the Aftermarket radio.
OEM is the best and in most cases cheaper! Scosche is very good too! I bought the full Scosche kit to get the trim piece needed when using the OEM dash kit. You can buy a smaller kit for about $15 that has this trim piece. Something i didn't know before. By the way, I still have the Scosche kit. Trying to get rid of it. It doesn't have the double din trim piece though, so only those using single din units could benefit from it. Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts