8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I bought my 06' SI FG2, it came with an AEM cold air intake installed. I am currently planning on getting new Drag Cartel DIC & setting up for an E85 tune, and am going to get it dyno'd. I have read a lot of good things about other CAI such as Hybrid Racing and Injen CAI's. Would it be worth it switching to one of these before I get it dyno'd? Sorry if this is a noob question, new member.

·
Registered
295 Posts
From what it seems the HR cold air intake would probably be suited the best especially paired with the drag cartel cams, the HR intake is significantly larger I believe at either 3.5" or 4" diameter. I have the HR and it works very well even just paired with a tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you think It’d be significant enough to swap them? I obviously don’t wanna spend the extra money but it seems like it’d definitely be worth it if I did.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I mean for the price of the HR I think that could be directed elsewhere for more noticeable differences like free flowing exhaust or headers. The aem one is better than stock, so the HR would be peak performance but unnecessary really when there's more to do and you already do have a cold air intake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My apologies, should’ve mentioned I already have the Skunk2 3 in. exhaust and PLM headers. I am currently on an e-tune with the AEM intake as well. I am just contemplating if I mind as well get the HR intake and J37 TB before I get the dyno.

·
Registered
08 civic si coupe
18 Posts
Does the AEM intake move the battery down? I really like how my HR intake lowers the battery and will also give you piece of mind when it starts raining. The HR has a built in relief valve to prevent hydro-lock (ruined my SRT-4 years ago).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the AEM intake move the battery down? I really like how my HR intake lowers the battery and will also give you piece of mind when it starts raining. The HR has a built in relief valve to prevent hydro-lock (ruined my SRT-4 years ago).
No, the AEM intake doesn’t require you to relocate the battery like the HR intake, which I will need to do when I install it. I definitely am now leaning forwards buying the HR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts