8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome DIY write up!!
Thanks heaps, saved me a heap of $$.

I changed the fuel filter on my 8th gen FD2. Had a big scare after the first attempt. Car wouldn't fire up...checked all wires still the same. Ended up being the 'O' ring on the pump. I hadn't replaced the stock one with the replacement 'O' ring provided by the fuel filter. Basically suction wasn't happening. Replaced it an whola!

Running like a charm now. Fuel efficiency is back to normal, it was shocking before.

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Awesome DIY write up!!
Thanks heaps, saved me a heap of $$.

I changed the fuel filter on my 8th gen FD2. Had a big scare after the first attempt. Car wouldn't fire up...checked all wires still the same. Ended up being the 'O' ring on the pump. I hadn't replaced the stock one with the replacement 'O' ring provided by the fuel filter. Basically suction wasn't happening. Replaced it an whola!

Running like a charm now. Fuel efficiency is back to normal, it was shocking before.
Nice!

That would certainly scare me as well haha

Where are you located btw?

And did u have the darndest time rethreading the plastic "lid" on the fuel system? I absolutely hated doing that it took ages and banged up my and my dad's hands :rantsmiley:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Sydney/Aus.

Don't even bring up the plastic lid. Had to remove and put back on a few times. The last one killed us, kept rethreading until dad smashed it down and it finally fell into the right thread. Hammering it tight with the screwdriver/hammer wasn't that hard tho, luckilly!

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
That's truuee. My dad and I had to press down with all our might and FIINNAAALLLY got that piece of junk threaded! I bet Honda has some awesome machine that makes that install a breeze! But I hope they had just as hard a time as we did! ha

·
Registered
9 Posts
quick question, could a bad fuel pump cause the car to not rev past 6500 rpms? for some reason my 08 SI is not revving past 6500 and it just loses power there, but it drives flawlessly anywhere under that.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Thanks OP.. Very helpful... I guess I got lucky.. Ring went on the first try.... ?

The Walbro pump is a tight fit and I had to cut off extra and couldn't use the filter it came with.

A good tip is to have the rubber ring in the tank before lowering the whole unit... Couldn't get it the other way... Anyway Thx again

·
Registered
97 Posts
So I just took out my fuel pump to put in the walbro and for some reason I am missing the black rubber boot for the fuel pump and the white plastic cover that fits on the bottom....do I need these to run the fuel pump idk why they aren't there...and it looks like honda doesn't sell these parts separately....ugh

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
So I just took out my fuel pump to put in the walbro and for some reason I am missing the black rubber boot for the fuel pump and the white plastic cover that fits on the bottom....do I need these to run the fuel pump idk why they aren't there...and it looks like honda doesn't sell these parts separately....ugh
Are you talking about the rubber o ring that goes on the fuel pump itself. If so, yes you need it. I took it off my old injector because i was putting in new ones anyways.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Ohh. Hmmm the rubber tray serves to create a snug fit and to keep it sliding. But if the fit is snug enough maybe you don't need it. It's reused from the oem pump.

You def need that white cover that you circled in the 2nd pic. It keeps the fuel pump in place.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah...I thought my stock fuel pump went out but when I took everything out and the O-ring was broken, I'm assuming its because the pump was moving around for who knows how long.....

I can't buy them separately either...I'm going now to buy whole new assembly for $75 bucks..oh well

161 - 180 of 191 Posts