8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I just did this about an hour ago. This is a very easy install, start to finish only took about 45-50min.

Only thing i have to add for anyone who hasn't done this yet is when you are pulling the top and bottom of the fuel cage apart the black plastic fuel line is pretty stiff and didn't want to slide out of the bottom of the cage the easiest. I would suggest trying to angle it slightly and twist to make is even easier.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice write up!!Man what a pain in the balls it was getting the clip at the bottom of the pump back on!!smh and even tho I had the install kit I don't know how anybody got the bottom of the cage back on with the new sock!mine would not fit at all due to the plastic elbow on the new sock being longer and an elbow!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
After 2 years of having changed the fuel pump I'll be needing to do this again, plus more. It is said in the owners manual that the Fuel Filter (not the quarter sock) needs to be replaced every 50k miles. I'm currently at 72k and the car has been choking everyday. Let me remind you that the real filter is in the cage. It's right next to the hole where we clip the pump. It cannot be opened or cleaned. The cage needs to be replaced.

I bought mine for $75 shipping included. Ships from Majestic Honda in Rhode Island.

P/N: 17048-SNA-A01

5th one down:

Honda Automotive Parts

The good thing is that they give you new o-rings, clips, even a new lock ring. So if you chipped the grooves to hell like I did, then you are in luck! You'll have to re-use the FPR, bucket with fuel sender and of course fuel pump.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is a good write up. I am going to be taking on this task and installing my walbro pump soon. Home my installation goes as easily as it seems!

·
Registered
944 Posts
After 2 years of having changed the fuel pump I'll be needing to do this again, plus more. It is said in the owners manual that the Fuel Filter (not the quarter sock) needs to be replaced every 50k miles. I'm currently at 72k and the car has been choking everyday. Let me remind you that the real filter is in the cage. It's right next to the hole where we clip the pump. It cannot be opened or cleaned. The cage needs to be replaced.

I bought mine for $75 shipping included. Ships from Majestic Honda in Rhode Island.

P/N: 17048-SNA-A01

5th one down:

Honda Automotive Parts

The good thing is that they give you new o-rings, clips, even a new lock ring. So if you chipped the grooves to hell like I did, then you are in luck! You'll have to re-use the FPR, bucket with fuel sender and of course fuel pump.

Hmmm i am at 70k miles... maybe i should do this sometime soon? haha

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Was it a direct fit? any shaving the rubber or anything?
no shaving at all! Fit perfectly.

WHAT. a nightmare redoing the plastic threaded lid on the kit. holy crap. took my dad and I ALL of our patience to get it done. Used hammers. Lots of hammers. And rage. Also cut up fingers lol

141 - 160 of 191 Posts