8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great DIY!!

This DYI would´ve been more helpful had I found it before I changed the fuel filter with minimum research... Now I´m stuck at a no start condition, trying to figure out what might´ve gone wrong :(

It always started perfectly before I did this a couple of days ago. I checked foul is getting to the rail when I turn the key to 2nd position as well as when I try to start it.
Also, I sprayed some starting fluid to the air intake while trying to start it and it did start and ran for a few seconds until stalled, which gives me 2 possible failures: not enough fuel pressure (due to something wrong I did while assembling back the fuel tank unit), or somehow the ECU stopped delivering pulse to the injectors due to some posible security mechanism (?) since I´ve ommited to disconnect the negative battery conector (although I did took off the fuel pump fuse to relieve fuel pressure in the system).

I did some research today and found the official procedure steps to dissasemble the fuel tank unit which suggests all the o-ring, base gasket and even the locknut with the locknut plate be replaced for brand new ones.

However, it wasn´t as detailed as this DIY, by which I could realize I´ve done 2 things wrong. First, I didn´t pay any attention to the small o-ring at the pump output line while asseblying it back, which probably got stuck in there, causing a drop in the fuel pressure delivered to the system. And secondly, I didn´t match the locknut arrow with the arrow at the assembly before starting to thighten it, I only made it match after I tighten the locknut all the way down.

I´m new to the community and hopefully I don´t bother anyone by replying with a help request here, but i´m so desperate since I really need this car running to go to work ASAP. Could any one please give me a hint of what could be the problem here? It will be much appreciated!

P.S.: I´ve read that the gas cap should also be removed before starting the procedure to relieve pressure inside the tank, which I also ommited :/

Thanks in advance to everyone :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I struggled with this for awhile as well. A few things I learned:

- The O-ring doesn't always need replacing, but it DOES need to be seated properly to get good fuel delivery. This can make a huge difference in the pressure you get at the injectors
- Don't buy a knock-off brand. I'm pretty sure the knock-off I got for $50 was not really a Wahlbro, and it started failing after a couple of months. Especially if you're doing forced induction, spring for the high-pressure one here: https://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/product-918/index.html
- A nice fuel rail helped, too. I got the Boomba one, and it installed with my Kraftwerks without any problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I struggled with this for awhile as well. A few things I learned:

- The O-ring doesn't always need replacing, but it DOES need to be seated properly to get good fuel delivery. This can make a huge difference in the pressure you get at the injectors
- Don't buy a knock-off brand. I'm pretty sure the knock-off I got for $50 was not really a Wahlbro, and it started failing after a couple of months. Especially if you're doing forced induction, spring for the high-pressure one here:
- A nice fuel rail helped, too. I got the Boomba one, and it installed with my Kraftwerks without any problems.
I appreciate your quick feedback LehooZeher.
I´m running stock for now no FI, although I´m always tempted to go for a little tunning hehe...
I´ve disassembled the whole unit back again and noticed the o-ring was stuck, somehow I missed it when I took the pump out and then when I plugged back the pump into the line it got pushed and did not seat properly, which was delivering low pressure to the system.
As soon as I finished assembling the unit, tried to start the car and it fired right up! :D

Thanks a lot for your help! God bless you.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts