8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember looking for these specs and procedure and having a hard time finding a definite answer. I've noticed people on this forum asking from time to time. There is a guide on vtec.net which procedurally is correct but not 8thgen specific. The following is screen shots out of the acura csx manual but the engines are identical and the specs are the same as the 06-11 civic. Hope this makes things a bit easier for my fellow 8thgenners!

Edit: Forgot to mention that in order to set the TDC and BDC of each cylinder you need a ratchet and a 19mm or 21mm socket(Cant remember which size it is lol) and you turn the crank pulley

These are just for informational purposes only. I'm not responsible for you messing up your engine due to you not being able to properly interpret the info I've given. If you aren't comfortable or lack the skill/confidence to do this job leave it to a trained professional as messing around with your valves can cause catastrophic damage.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the info! It's a 19mm that fits onto the crankshaft for those wondering. There's an easy access hole when you take your passenger front tire off and after putting on 5 ratchet extensions, I could finally crank the engine by hand. Something I read is that removing your spark plugs can also make it easier to crank the engine if you're having trouble. Not 100% sure on how accurate this is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts