8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
You guys are so dumb. Rev hang is actually a good thing. Here's why. When your at high rpms and shift gears you want your engine to stay reved up just for that tiny second so the gears go in easier. It also helps downshifts. I don't know why anyone tries getting rid of rev hang. If its just for the sound that's the dumbest thing of life. Think of my theory and you will all say damn LETSRUNIT is a mstermind and knows the reason behind honda. I slapped on a J35 TB and never touched it. Works like a charm. Very Very minimal rev hang. Not enough rev hang for me to do all these steps in hoping i can fix a little hang issue. Plus the hangs nice when you have a 7lb flywheel that likes to drop like a mother as soon as the hang goes away. NEWDS.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
^ Your ignorance is astounding. Allow me to enlighten you:

1) If you actually read the entire OP, you would've realized that the article is not about rev hang, but how to re-calibrate the throttle position plate so that the voltage is within the ECU's accepted range. Not everyone experiences this, but for those who do, the throttle body will not work without this procedure, rev hang or not.

2) I feel like telling you this might be like telling you Santa Claus doesn't exist, but a little life lesson: what's good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander, i.e. the fact that you like something doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else should too. The world will keep on spinning, with or without your mastermind opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey j ro. Ive done the voltage test. everything in allowable range. no cel lights, everything is great there!! Im currently getting etuned byJeff Evans. He says he's done jus about all he could on is end to help with my rev hang, but its still there and annoying. I was wondering if u or anyone else has figured anything out to finally get rid of it.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
hey j ro. Ive done the voltage test. everything in allowable range. no cel lights, everything is great there!! Im currently getting etuned byJeff Evans. He says he's done jus about all he could on is end to help with my rev hang, but its still there and annoying. I was wondering if u or anyone else has figured anything out to finally get rid of it.
Unfortunately the calibration procedure only corrects for out-of-range sensor voltage (which throws the CEL). The finer elements of the TB performance, such as rev hang, are all in the tune.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So, I got a skunk2 throttle body. I was going to install it today but it turs out the skunk2 doesn't have the pieces where the two lower hoses go... Anyone know how to connect it? Do I need an extra piece or did I get the wrong one????
Thanks...
You will have to do the coolant bypass mod. Very easy. You can search on this forum for the mod.

Goto Home Depot and get a hose coupler. Get the largest one you can squeeze in the hose. Use some hose clamp things to tighten down. Done. You don't even have to drain out the coolant or anything... just keep hoses up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got it... Thanks!!?? so basically, just connect the two hoses together??
Yup! That's basically it...

Make sure you get it really tight. The first time I did it I got a hose coupler that was tight but not tight enough... there was a small puddle of coolant under my car... luckily not much but I'm glad I caught it...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just read through the entire thread and didn't see this answeered, but did anyone ever find out if the sensors are the same between the accord/tsx/si TBs?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just did this procedure on my RRC CTR TB and worked great. Put the adjustment right on the median voltages and no CEL, no problems. Thanks OP again.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
^ No worries.... glad to hear the procedure is still helping people :)

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I installed a J37 and when I put it in neutral, the revs drop to about 1200, then it takes about 30 seconds to slowly fall to 850. I'm not throwing any codes nor does the rpm bounce around. I am currently getting tuned by Vit. Is this something he will have to work on or does the J37 have trouble talking to the ecu?

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
As long as the J37 is using the same throttle position sensor (which I think it does), then electrically speaking, the ECU won't know the difference (of course, mechanically speaking, tuning is still required since the throat diameter of the TB is larger).
The slow descent from 1200 doesn't sound like something this procedure would solve, and if you're not throwing the P1683 code, you're probably OK. Still, it wouldn't be a bad thing to discuss with Vit just in case.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts