8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I mean the wire from altinater to the battery. Not the fuse. Whats the point for this step?
Less resistance for the electric to travel through.

I must add that i have tested resistance with and w/o the fuse.
Its literary negligible, so unless you're building a NASA space-craft where every little micro ohm counts than it wouldn't matter - but having a fuse adds extra safety.

If you use solder for your terminals - it will make a difference though!
i did.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wasn't able to get it hot enough to solder :(
buy a propane blowtortch - a starter kit is like 15$ at your local hardware store., and use that as a soldering iron.

as far as solder goes, get rosin core or if u get regular make sure u get flux with it.

its worth it

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get 0 gauge wire locally for a decent price? Also I'm thinking about upgrading my alternator. What are my options for that?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does this replace the battery cables? I need to replace my battery cables and terminals, gonna change my terminals, but if I need to change my battery cables with the big 3, i might as well do that then just change those cables alone.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Does this replace the battery cables? I need to replace my battery cables and terminals, gonna change my terminals, but if I need to change my battery cables with the big 3, i might as well do that then just change those cables alone.
Well you want to get terminals with a lot of inputs... The stock wiring is something you won't replace while doing this... You probably could tie in a 1/0 and solder the stock to it so you have one cable over three

·
Registered
163 Posts
in most people's work, the big three is not a replacement, its merely an addition.
for mine, i just added the extra grounds, and the negative battery cable - but not replaced.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get 0 gauge wire locally for a decent price? Also I'm thinking about upgrading my alternator. What are my options for that?
Not locally, but i got mine from ebay. All my local stores were hella-expensive!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Def doing this when I get back home , but im not sure if I'd trust eBay wire and same as iculdrun the local shops were expensive as hell , so anyone know a website with a good reputation...btw sorry to revive an old thread !

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Def doing this when I get back home , but im not sure if I'd trust eBay wire and same as iculdrun the local shops were expensive as hell , so anyone know a website with a good reputation...btw sorry to revive an old thread !
lol couple months plus its a sticky... So its ok

61 - 80 of 101 Posts