8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE some one please make a GREAT step by step DIY for installing subs and amps with factory HU or give me a link to one that is out there and ive missed

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Hayaku Kenji said:
PLEASE some one please make a GREAT step by step DIY for installing subs and amps with factory HU or give me a link to one that is out there and ive missed

How far are you from zip code 35601?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ive seen that one its pretty good but not elabrote (wow did i actually spell that right)enough ive never installed any subs before so... but i think i have it mostly together what all do i need i have
1. power
2. ground
3.RCA
4. amp to sub
i also have this pretty long THIN wire (dont no wat its for) i need a LOC and Some T-Taps is that it

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
1.power from + on battery to + on amplifier
2. ground - try and keep less than 2' and t is explained in teh DIY
3. LOC is tapped into teh OEM subwoofer wires to get the signal. the RCA wires then plug into teh LOC and the amplifier
4. small wire is the remote wire. easiest way to do this is pull the fuse for the radio (by the drivers foot in the fuse box) and wrap it around that and push teh fuse back in.

besides that follow the DIY and the instructiosn that come with your equipment.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no formal instructions bought ( but i did think outside the box and went to sonys site and printed them off )them used and where does the remote wire go to thanx for all the info too

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
remote wire goest ot eh fuse for the radio. as i said in post #6. the other end goes to teh amplifier where it is labeled remote/amp tun on...somthing like that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k thanks i think i found it mine says rem if that is it other than that there is a high level input with 4 inputs other than those i think im good thanx TONS ill post pics once insstalled prob tomorro after school or on fri

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
the remote wire goes to whatever fuse is for teh radio. i dont know what amp it is or what number spot...but that stuff can be found in the owners manual

1 - 14 of 14 Posts