8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as most of you should know by now Skunk2 has released their new Rear Camber kit for the Honda Civic SI. This one is a little different from Gen 1 with the biggest change being you no longer need to remove the part to adjust camber. Now the arm can stay in tack and all you need to do is turn a few nuts and its ready to rock.

Now this will be a quick DIY with lots of photos to show what was going on. Overall this is a very easy part to install (minus working around the exhaust on passenger side). So with out further garbage, here is the install process.

The magic box in all its glory:

Here is what is in the box:

Beautiful right!!!!

The rear of the car, this is where you will work (lol)

Here is how the car was sitting prior to install:

Now remove the rear wheel:

Here is the stock arm, so dirty:

Here you will loses this blot up. The left will use a 14mm socket/wrench and the right will use a 19mm socket/wrench. Once broke loose this is easy to remove.

From this point you will use a 14mm socket to remove the two bolts holding the arm to the under side of the car. On the passenger side I would suggest either removing the back part of the exhaust or using a wobble, will save you much anger and time. Driver side will require a long extension to get easy access.

Now with part removed, lets compare it to the Skunk2 Camber Arm:

In this corner coming in at 4.4lbs is the Stock unit:

And its replacment coming in at 3.2lbs is the Skunk2 unit:

Once you get the mounting arm inserted on the Skunk2 piece (couple washers and snap rings) its time to install the Skunk2 arm.

When installing the arm, we did not attach the bushing that will connect to hub at this point, your experience may be different.

And now its all installed and bolted in. At this point take a measurement to match it on the other side.

Here is the car right after letting down of the jack:

Like all parts, this took a bit to settle in, now settled the car is back to tucking the tire, but I can now adjust that when needed for different setups.

Overall, the quality of the Skunk2 Camber Arm is awesome, I am really happy so far with this part. It will help me along way with dialing in the suspension as we gear up for this autocross season. The install was really easy and every lined up perfectly. For those looking at picking this up, I would highly suggest it. For those not into the gold, they also make a silver unit.

Little behind the scenes:

And my next update is almost ready:

·
Registered
813 Posts
nice review and DIY.

so I was gonna start a new thread about this but since you are sponsored by S2 hopefully you can answer my question. I just received my S2 version 2 rear camber arms today and I have the same part # (516-05-0525), but on Corsport's website they have a different part # (516-05-0520). Did I receive the wrong parts or did Corsport just not update their website?

·
Registered
131 Posts
what adjustment did you set it at??? did you just measure it up to the stock and set it at that??? im most likely getting these this week my rear is starting to eat the inside of my tires and these tires are brand new manybe 5000 miles on them.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts