8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

961 - 980 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still Going

This mod is still alive.

I installed mine a week ago and the sound difference from 3000 upwards in great. Lovely growl. Performance improvement is noticeable too. I used a K&N 3" filter with an additional rubber coupling i got from the plumbing section. Everything fits perfectly. Pics below.

Got check engine light but the battery disconnect fixed that.

One problem I think ive noticed: Whenever I get above or around 100 mph I smell something... almost like an exhaust but Im not sure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I Finally did the blue paint to match the filter and added a piece to connect the hose for the breather to to get rid of that little filter. I had to move my battery back a little cause the intake was too long. here are some pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Smog pass or fail?

Does anyone know if having this mod can fail the Smog Test in California? My Smog is coming up and I'm wondering if I need to purchase a DC Sports SRI on Ebay for $142 (which is the cheapest and only one I think that is available for R18) or I can just keep the mod. Since the stock box cover is all destroyed. Not unless someone had a link to where I can purchase a stock air box cover that would be helpful. Thank you in advanced for answering. :wavey:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I was planning on doing this intake tomorrow with my brother where can I get the gold piece, hose and clamps from the last section and is it absolutely necessary to get? Something's I'm still confused about

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, got a problem not sure if its from the Sri but my check engine light came on and it's seams that its Bogs around 2 1/2 rpm but after its fine not sure what it is thought maybe not getting enough fuel? Or maybe the maf sensor is dirty? Any ideas?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey I was planning on doing this intake tomorrow with my brother where can I get the gold piece, hose and clamps from the last section and is it absolutely necessary to get? Something's I'm still confused about

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
you can get it at home depo but im not sure if it is necessary. i bought a piece from autozone that has 3 plus for lines already made in it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone know if having this mod can fail the Smog Test in California? My Smog is coming up and I'm wondering if I need to purchase a DC Sports SRI on Ebay for $142 (which is the cheapest and only one I think that is available for R18) or I can just keep the mod. Since the stock box cover is all destroyed. Not unless someone had a link to where I can purchase a stock air box cover that would be helpful. Thank you in advanced for answering. :wavey:
Ain't a damn way you'll pass visual inspection. The OP has the part number for a new cover I believe, but I'm not exactly sure what the engine bay will look like with that cover over this. Try it out!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could someone please clarify one thing for me? It says 2.5" filter in the OP, but it looks like OP used the 3" side of the coupler on the filter. Is it a 2.5" filter or a3"

·
Registered
21 Posts
i want to add a short ram intake to my civic but i dont want to cut the OEM parts cus i wanna put all of it back together once summer comes back around. is that possible

961 - 980 of 990 Posts