8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

941 - 960 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did this install yesterday and WAS getting low oil pressure as well as battery indicator. Worked on it until I could not see anymore & continued this morning ( now afternoon ) finally finished around 0100PM. I did not remove the bottom plastic and would notice the car would start up, turn over, shake & die. Operator error pretty much, re-routed some of my couplings...TA DA drove all around the neighborhood with the Spectre blue & silver 4 inch filter. Very noticeable difference in WOT.

·
Registered
89 Posts
IMPORTANT: if you guys are doing this mod, make sure that the engine breather hose is positioned behind the MAF sensor. Or else, the air that comes out from the breather will destroy your MAF sensor. I had just replaced mine and it is not cheap $100++

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm really excited to do this on my 06 Coupe. If you guys don't mind I have couple questions. I am new here.
How is the movement of the SRI? I don't see any mounts or is it because since it is short enough it won't vibrate/move around under the hood too much?
Also the coolant hose, how come it is not plugged in? I live in California and it gets really hot here. IF cops see this mod, is it a fix-it-ticket? I was looking to get the DC Sports SRI for $142.00 and saw this post. This would be such a money saver all around. I also see some people who left the piping connected to the resonator box. A are you supposed to leave that, because I wanted to remove it. Looking forward to you guys responce, thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DIY SRI.jpg

So I was looking at the air box and thought I didn't really have to remove the whole bottom. I used pretty much the stock back part of the box and shaved the MAF. Then just connected my filter and left the bottom box as a support for the weight of the filter. Took the Resonator box and the tubing. The car sounds great, no issues or what so ever. Here is one picture I can share. This was much simpler and convenient if you ever have to do smog test soon just install everything else back. :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I finally did this mod. Sounds good, I feel a slight increase in power, and it cost me $0.00! Perks of working for Honda dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome diy! Did it to my 06 lx sedan. Have an axle back exhaust with a n1 muffler put the silencer in and could definitely here it with a faint sound of exhaust, paid 25 for the filter, and 4 for the coupler! Cheap but with it mod!!!! Thanks again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm really excited to do this on my 06 Coupe. If you guys don't mind I have couple questions. I am new here.
How is the movement of the SRI? I don't see any mounts or is it because since it is short enough it won't vibrate/move around under the hood too much?
Also the coolant hose, how come it is not plugged in? I live in California and it gets really hot here. IF cops see this mod, is it a fix-it-ticket? I was looking to get the DC Sports SRI for $142.00 and saw this post. This would be such a money saver all around. I also see some people who left the piping connected to the resonator box. A are you supposed to leave that, because I wanted to remove it. Looking forward to you guys responce, thank you in advanced.
My doesnt move at all. If it does its minimal enough not to notice. You can remove the resonator and piping and lower air box but requires a little bit more wore so that u can connect the coolant line and breather hose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok, I don;t know if this was covered in this thread, I went through almost 12 pages and didn't see it so that's why I'm posting...

what do you do with this hose (circled in red)

I know the other hose is for the vacuum and you either work it into the MAF or throw a filter on it.

but what about the other one...in all the pics it just seems to disappear.

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok, I don;t know if this was covered in this thread, I went through almost 12 pages and didn't see it so that's why I'm posting...

what do you do with this hose (circled in red)image

I know the other hose is for the vacuum and you either work it into the MAF or throw a filter on it.

but what about the other one...in all the pics it just seems to disappear.

thanks
Run a hose right to the throttle body inlet. That hose carries coolant

·
Registered
49 Posts
Run a hose right to the throttle body inlet. That hose carries coolant
ok.

i'm still not understanding this haha (swear i know about cars)

um is this already running to the tb inlet? and if so can you just leave it as is?

or do you actually have to rework it to the tb?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did it but a minute after i cranked it i got a check engine light. is that gonna happen regardless cause i dont have flash pro?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sick engine bay

Sent from my SCH-R920 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

941 - 960 of 990 Posts