8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 742 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a quick Do it yourself removal of the "civic" badge. Things that you need are Dental floss, Cotton Balls and Alcohol. Using a long thread of dental floss, insert it between the emblem and trunk. Using a hair blow dryer, heat up the adhesive thats hold the emblem. Finally, Use a cotton balls and add a little bit of the alcohol to remove the resudue left over.
Before:

Using a long thread of dental floss, insert it between the emblem and trunk

Using a hair blow dryer, heat up the adhesive thats hold the emblem.

Finally, Use a cotton balls and add a little bit of the alcohol to remove the resudue left over.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
yep ive done this but one thing. How about like a sticker left on your cars paint. The residue left from the back it seems more sticker than emblems. And I assume same thing for decals on the windows?

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
You make it seem harder then it is lol. I just did floss,hairdyer and pulled the son of a ***** off.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
06CivEXJon said:
You make it seem harder then it is lol. I just did floss,hairdyer and pulled the son of a ***** off.
when I do any mod to the car, i try to be carefull as posible. Why in a hurry for? I'll rather do it and take my time than just removing that emblem and leaving some scratches and ruining the emblem. =)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I didn't scratch anything it was a clean removal. :thumb: i used goo gone.

·
Banned
503 Posts
ayenoc said:
when I do any mod to the car, i try to be carefull as posible. Why in a hurry for? I'll rather do it and take my time than just removing that emblem and leaving some scratches and ruining the emblem. =)
I agree. Plus if you keep the emblem nice, you could put it back on later for re-sale value :laughing:

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
JeShUa said:
how will you know what kind of car it is???

Right after I pulled mine off I went to get gas and the guy pumping behind me said Hey, I like those new Accords...what did it cost ya :pat:

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL accord.

I might do this, great write up. I love it when people wonder what kind of car I have.

"MAN that's a TIGHT car!"

"it's just a civic haha"

:thumb:

·
Registered
531 Posts
brooklynscat69 said:
yep ive done this but one thing. How about like a sticker left on your cars paint. The residue left from the back it seems more sticker than emblems.
are you kidding?

that was the whole point of the cottonballs and rubbing alcohol.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Sion0x said:
are you kidding?

that was the whole point of the cottonballs and rubbing alcohol.

Goo Gone works wonders too! :thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just did this and it looks great. I did it slowly and it didn't even leave any marks to rub off. I was stoked since I suspect rubbing alcohol can damage the finish.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i love this mod but now when i wash my car its leaves like a slightly brighter color of the civic emblem underneath it. kinda like a bad sun tan. anybody else have this problem or have a solution to it?

·
Registered
377 Posts
iknowmysh1t said:
i love this mod but now when i wash my car its leaves like a slightly brighter color of the civic emblem underneath it. kinda like a bad sun tan. anybody else have this problem or have a solution to it?
I had that problem when i washed my ex coupe. its cuz the water beads off the part where the adhesive used to be. However, it stopped doing it after a few washes.

btw, I removed my badge with only a hair dryer, and there was no left over residue. just pried it off with my fingers. i dont think floss is needed.

1 - 20 of 742 Posts