8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm just bumping this to see if there is any updates on this DIY.

I have found other threads that don't mention the Toyota Scion TC clips.

Delray Acura - Online Acura Parts Store and www.toyotaoemparts.com

or

Club RSX.com: Acura RDX Injectors w/ Clips (Set of 4)

or

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/corsport/244545-k-tuned-k-series-denso-acura-rdx-injectors.html

CorSport: Honda - 2002-2005 Honda Civic Si - RDX-INJ-SET

Personally after reading of some getting stuck for hours on one injector and someone else that got stuck all together on his last injector, I was wondering if these other threads have solved that issue?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Great Diy! Thanks Vantage.. I couldnt even really see how to do the scooping motion in the vid and I got all 4 clips off in less than 15 min.. Easy stuff

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
get a voltmeter bud...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great write up. The only thing I did that wasnt mentioned was I bent the tabs down on the stock pins for the injectors. It wouldnt let me lock them into place without doing it.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Yeah, the de-pinning is difficult if you haven't done it before. I had to cut apart one of my OEM clips to see how to do it, but once that was done the other three were a piece of cake. I then just bought a new OEM clip incase I ever go back to stock.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wish I had seen this before I installed my injectors. Ended up having to crush the old clips with pliers to expose the wires.

Don't see why they wouldn't work on an R18. I'm assuming honda would use the same diameter injector port and fuel rail outlet for most of their cars. To get the full potential of these injectors you should upgrade your fuel pump as well not to mention flashpro.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I need some help. I went to remove my fuel rail and on 1 injector the wiring came off and now I'm lost as to where they go. I know there's only two possible options but which is it?

If i install them incorrectly, how would I tell I did so?

On the pic, in that same orientation, there's a yellow/black wire on the left and a blue on the right. In which hole do each go?

Thanks!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts