8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ok well....im talking about my #4 cylinder injector.

when u have the clips and injector together, its firm. the clip is tight onto the injector.
but my clip and injector it not firmly on no matter how much i push it in. it clicks but it moves up and down. if i push my clip towards my injector, the injector doesnt work. when i pull it outward but still attached, it works fine.
Have you tried the clip on another cylinder? what is the problem the clip on the injectors or the clip on the fuel rail?

·
Registered
848 Posts
i think its the clip on the injector. cause if the problem exists, i just move the clip around and it fixes the problem, but it will go to the non-working position sooner or later.

i havent tried switching clips cause i dont know how to remove the clip from the pins. i dont mind trying but i dont have the tools.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You didnt do the install?

for the price of the clip ($4-6) it might be worth trying a new clip.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ok well...i tried switching clips, and i dont think its the clips, but i ordered new clips anyways since dealers dont carry them seperate from the fuel rail. i dont know what they said. it seems like its the phyiscal contact of the injector pins and the wire pins. could the injector have gone bad? i didnt try switching injectors.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Unplug the fuel rail and crank the engine, you will see the injector spitting fuel. Try moving the injector in question to a new location and see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
on a after market fuel rail like my p2r im not sure if i need pins. also do i need a dyno tune or is flashpro enough to daily drive my rdx injectors

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Pins? Also, you will need to at least have a base fuel map. I would take a look at the WOT fueling as well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is a great DIY.
managed to change my injectors yesterday using this.
The first depin was a pain in the ass but I got to see i was doing it wrong. The following went on very easy.

Thanks for the DIY

21 - 40 of 67 Posts