8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after MANY hours I got my RDX injectors in with a TON of help from RuloSi, Teegs, and Mully.

I do not have any other pictures, but hopefully one of them does.

Order RDX injectors. Acura Part # 16450-RWC-A01
Order Scion TC clips: Toyota Part # 90980-11875

I ordered from Delray Acura - Online Acura Parts Store and www.toyotaoemparts.com The bill came to less than $200 shipped.

Other tools required.
10mm
14mm
Paperclip/Bobbypin/small slotted screwdriver/sewing needle
1 big towel or lots of shop rags.

Install time for lucky people, that can easily de-pin: 30-45mins
Install time for people like me, cannot depin worth a sh!t: 2 hours

DIY

0.5) Open gas cap to relieve pressure on the fuel system.

1) Remove positive battery terminal.

2) Disconnect 10mm fuel rail ground wire from IM.

3) Disconnect 2-14mm bolts from the IM runners.

4) Pull up on fuel rail. Try to pull up evenly on both sides so nothing feels a bending stress. This may require a little effort, but they it will come, it's just the injectors gaskets sliding out.

5) Place your towel under the fuel rail as u set it down on the IM, for good measure put some on the ground under the engine as well.

6) Disconnect the wires coming from the fuel rail to the injectors. There is a pressable clip on the side, the housing will slide off the injector. Leave this housings hanging for later de-pinning.

7) Remove metal retainer clips from the injectors. You will have to look under the rail to see them. Set them aside to use later. Retainer is circled in pic.
My hand

8) Give the Si injectors a nice FIRM tug to remove. FUEL WILL SPILL! Be ready! This is when the towel on the IM will save your floor.

9) Now Here we have the tricky part. Time to De-pin the OEM housing. On the fuel rail you will have a navyblue/blackish housing with a light blue center piece.

10) First remove the light blue center piece by using 2 small flathead screws drivers on the small sides of the clip. If you look close you can see 2 small reliefs on this light blue piece for your screwdrivers. Apply a little pressure and slowly pry the pieces out.

11) As seen in the photo below, there is a green piece. Pry this out as well.

12) Now to depin. The picture has 2 redarrows point to 2 black plastic squares, these pieces we will call "plastic clips" hold the injector wires inplace. You can also see the thin metal piece below it, this is the injector wire. You will be working on the plastic clip.

Teegs hand...

13) Use your bobbypin/screwdriver/needle to slide down the metal injector wire until you hit the plastic piece. Now is the tricky as hell part. You must push the plastic clip out (towards the pictures index finger) while doing a scooping motion. It will feel as if you are shoveling with the pin/needle/screwdriver. You will see the pin move, but this does not mean its out all the way. Your motion should be like this Video with Teegs.

14) Keep trying until you see the black plastic clip move AND STAY. The square will come about 5mm closer to your face, and will be resting against the outside of the housing. Now do this to the 2nd wire.

15) Once both plastic clips are "open" and resting aganst the back of the housing, tug the wires on the outside of the harness and they should slide right out. If u have to use excessive force, you did not do it correctly, They should slide right out with a little tug.

16) Do this to all 8 pins (4 injector housings).

17) *** ONLY USE THIS STEP IF YOU CANNOT AND I MEAN CANNOT DEPIN USING THE ABOVE STEP. I got 3 housings to work fine, but the plastic clips I learned on were forked. I could not get them to "open" So I used sidecutter pliers. I carefully cut all the housing off around the wires, to expose the same black clip, which i then "opened". Make sure there are NO piece that fell into the injector hole, obviously cover it with the towel.

18) Now you have 2 injector wires per cylinder on their own. 1 will be yellow and has a black line on it, and one is red.

19) Grab your Scion TC clips. insert the YELLOW WIRE WITH BLACK LINE INTO THE CIRCLE WITH A 2 ON IT! When the injector is in place, this circle is on the drivers side of the housing. The other wire(red) goes into the passengers side hole, which is beside the clip release button. See the picture. My iphone resolution isnt good enough, but there is a small 2 where i have drawn the black 2. This is where the yellow/black wire goes.
Me again.

20) Slide all the wires into the housings first. You should feel them click into place, and they are unable to slide out. If you can pull them out, they are backwards. Flip them over and try again. If you need help you can pull out the white piece from the TC clip and see how the wires are held in place and use that as a guide.

21) After all the wires are clipped in, slide the TC housing onto the RDX injector, it will only fit one way.

22) Lube up the O-rings on the injectors with fuel. From your rag,lawnmotor jerry can or whatever.

23) Slide the injectors back inside the fuel rail. Make sure the injector tab(looks like a hanger) goes through the slot provided.

23) Reattach all of those metal retainers from step 7, making sure they CLICK into place.

24) Align the fuel rail on the 2-14mm studs and push down.

25) The rail will take a bit of force to slide down, make sure it is bottomed out on the injectors/studs.

26) Reattach the 2-14mm nuts

27) Reattached the 1-10mm ground wire

28) Reattach battery.

29) Flash your RDX injector compatible map to ECU.

30) Start it up.

31) Check fuel rail to ensure no leaks.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
so why not use a after-market injector instead?, isn't it a little easier to find?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rdx injectors have the best spray pattern ever produced by Honda or any aftermarket company. They are also cheap, I got the injectors for 160shipped

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
wow ok thanks..

Also thanks for not being a ass and telling me off and telling me to search through 200000 bolt-on threads.

Helps that im actully in canada and work near two dealers, probly like $20 each for me :D

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cams are tomorrow buddy, big day!

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
lol not befor i'll beat him to it!

NOT, i haz a 09 and i doubt my bro will let me do it to his 06.

So im thinking that you will see increased fuel economy without the tune, since its bound to atomize the fuel better with a better pattern. what are the injectors rated at 440? 600? the RDX is turbo'd no?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No idea about the gas mileage, they are claimed to make better hp up top due to spray pattern.

They are 410cc.

·
Registered
848 Posts
guys i need help with this diy...i installed the injectors and clips and the car worked great and i have flashpro, and my a/f ratio looked good. well my #4 injector/clip is acting weird. i got the tc clips on

1. when installed and ready, if u push a clip toward the injector, then it doesnt move.(normal)
2. when installed and ready, if u push #4 cylinder clip toward the injector, it gets disconnected from the injector.(not normal)
3. when installed and ready, if i pull after pushing #4 clip away from injector, it works fine(IDK if its normal)

so in conclusion, if my #4 clip is pushed against my injector, it doesnt work, and if i pull it back little bit away from it after pushing it, it works fine.

help

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys i need help with this diy...i installed the injectors and clips and the car worked great and i have flashpro, and my a/f ratio looked good. well my #4 injector/clip is acting weird. i got the tc clips on

1. when installed and ready, if u push a clip toward the injector, then it doesnt move.(normal)
2. when installed and ready, if u push #4 cylinder clip toward the injector, it gets disconnected from the injector.(not normal)
3. when installed and ready, if i pull after pushing #4 clip away from injector, it works fine(IDK if its normal)

so in conclusion, if my #4 clip is pushed against my injector, it doesnt work, and if i pull it back little bit away from it after pushing it, it works fine.

help
I dont quite follow the problem... or understand what your doing.

can i install these on my car w.o a flashpro? or should i wait til i get mine
You need a tuning solution.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
can i install these on my car w.o a flashpro? or should i wait til i get mine
You would deffinitely need flashpro. These injectors would cause your car to run rich and waste more gas if I remember correctly. So you would have to tune them.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
well after i get my flashpro i would have I/H/E and the flashpro, so would that be enough mods for the injectors to be worth it?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is all based on your duty cycle.

Usually cams + tb, or anytype of boost will send you into new injector territory.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ok well....im talking about my #4 cylinder injector.

when u have the clips and injector together, its firm. the clip is tight onto the injector.
but my clip and injector it not firmly on no matter how much i push it in. it clicks but it moves up and down. if i push my clip towards my injector, the injector doesnt work. when i pull it outward but still attached, it works fine.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts