8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

381 - 395 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh and it's not that hard to pop out the tweater on the dash and run the power cable out the back side of it. It required no dremeling and the tweater sat flush when reinstalled. Then you can run the cable down the crack of the windshield to wherever you want it. I noticed many ran it across the pilar where it can be seen.

Is there only a room on passenger side? I tried to go through driver side and there's no room for the cable to come out nicely :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
(wire colors that i list are for the 06 Si, coupe. Other cars wire colors may vary. "Kkim", says that the 07 sedans wire is purple)

Choose a place for your radar detector.... i chose up high so it would be difficult for thieves to see and it would not interfere with my windshield deflector. (yes i know that i lose rear, laser coverage but i like the position i chose and i dont really care about rear coverage for laser)

for a clean install, roll all your wires up so they will be the correct length.

Pop off plastic covers on the dome lights and unscrew the two nuts on the inside. Pull out the dome light and shove all your wires up there.

Tap in to the dark green wire 4 pins from the edge of this harness. This is the positive wire

Put the dome light back and make sure to run the ground wire through for the ground on the screw.

Here it is... Its all working....
well for one. is this a cigarette lighter input radar if so you need to explain how you got the wires to connect to that solid green wire. do you take apart the cig input and use that entire wire and connect it to that solid green wire?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just realized if you need a constant 12V, I used the harness for the map lights with the same ground. My constant 12V is light blue and I tapped it off there

·
Registered
237 Posts
Awesome idea! :) well after an hour of murdering all of my stock harness wires without finding a hot wire. i just tapped into the hot wire from the map lights and grounded to the map screw.. So as of right now my radar detector is always on. I did mount it right about the rear view mirror though and the on switch is very easy to scroll to the off position and works great.. Im happy :)

2010 civic si sedan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tried this mod on an 06 Civic Hybrid w/Nav. Tapped the positive to the dark green wire and ground on the passanger side dome light. Still have no power to my V1. Which fuse can I use to check? Tried the dark green, and lighter green wire and still no luck getting power with door open or closed?

381 - 395 of 395 Posts