8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
it appears the civics maf is pretty good compared to others. i used basic maf cleaner for the parts store. for more sensetive parts deoxit brand cleaner is best. just hard to find

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
most my previous cars maf's would get really dirty often. this one pretty much stays clean

i just use the basic $5 brands at autozone. i just purchased crc brake cleaner the other day for my brakes. hopefully they quiet down some with it

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
just did this today. along with a k&n filter refresh and oil change, motors never ran smoother withinthe 18,000miles shes got on

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
So basically, spray the entire damn thing? =D

Maybe I should go do this, the area I live in is quite dusty (if you wash your car expect pollen and dust on your car next day). I upgraded to a K&N @ like 14k miles now 19k. I did not however do the whole inplug the battery thing. Maybe thats why my MPG is in the tank and the car feels sluggish sometimes.

·
Premium Member
37,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You should do it. Car ran smooth before, smoother after. Placebo ? Maybe :shrug:

But k&n filter deleases oil, so you wanna clear that off.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yeah, i think im going to head to autozone or something a little bit. will post results later.

Also when you clean your air filter do you just wash it then dry? I know you should re oil but how often is that really needed? I "accidentally" threw away my instructions...

Placebo? Maybe. At least I feel better.

/flex.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts