8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m confused on the clock spring. I’ve read a couple different posts in the forum, some say take it off others say leave it. Do I just take it off or leave it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Posted this on another thread

Trying to see if anyone has any idea what could be causing this...👇

”I switched my stock steering wheel over to a quick release (OMP). The short hub, quick release and the wheel itself are all from the same company After a few months with it (everything being perfectly fine), I found myself no longer using the quick release... it is now the short hub itself that it the quick release... obviously this is a big issue. I do not know what happened I’m not aggressive with it when it comes to taking on and off my wheel (sometimes I don’t even bother doing that). Any ideas of why my hub can be disconnected more efficiently than my actual quick release?

Thank you,”

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to take mine off to have mine fit correctly. It will probably depend ok what you go with/brand.
I didn’t have to take mine off. I went with an nrg quick release and short hub and everything worked perfect. Hasn’t given my any issues so far. Got the horn wired with ease and everything went smoothly. I don’t know what’s going on with your quick release though. I’ve never tried omp but nrg seems to hold up pretty well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn’t have to take mine off. I went with an nrg quick release and short hub and everything worked perfect. Hasn’t given my any issues so far. Got the horn wired with ease and everything went smoothly. I don’t know what’s going on with your quick release though. I’ve never tried omp but nrg seems to hold up pretty well.
I’m still under warranty, but it’s gonna be a pain taking everything back off (not really but it’s tedious) and putting my stock wheel back on to send them everything so it can get figured out. I was initially looking at NRG, but I got mixed thoughts about them. Seems like you’re doing just fine though 🤔. Just curious if anyone has ever had a similar issues (OMP or not). It ended up coming off while I was going into a turn on the way to work) nothing crazy just a normal 5-10 mph left turn) and popped off causing me to have no control (lucky there was no one next to me) and ended up eating a curb resulting in a blow tire and a damaged wheel and messed up alignment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m still under warranty, but it’s gonna be a pain taking everything back off (not really but it’s tedious) and putting my stock wheel back on to send them everything so it can get figured out. I was initially looking at NRG, but I got mixed thoughts about them. Seems like you’re doing just fine though 🤔. Just curious if anyone has ever had a similar issues (OMP or not). It ended up coming off while I was going into a turn on the way to work) nothing crazy just a normal 5-10 mph left turn) and popped off causing me to have no control (lucky there was no one next to me) and ended up eating a curb resulting in a blow tire and a damaged wheel and messed up alignment.
That sucks it came off man, was the hub tightened down all the way? I know people just say torque it down as tight as you can and people say torque it down until it’s pretty tight so you don’t strip it. But I think there’s actually torque specs to tighten it down I can’t remember them though. But yeah a lot of people have something to say about nrg yet a lot of people still roll with it. It’s just preference I guess. I’m more of a fan of colors and style that come from nrg. Could have rolled with sparco or any other brand but just went with what I knew. Good luck with everything though. Hopefully you get it figured out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That sucks it came off man, was the hub tightened down all the way? I know people just say torque it down as tight as you can and people say torque it down until it’s pretty tight so you don’t strip it. But I think there’s actually torque specs to tighten it down I can’t remember them though. But yeah a lot of people have something to say about nrg yet a lot of people still roll with it. It’s just preference I guess. I’m more of a fan of colors and style that come from nrg. Could have rolled with sparco or any other brand but just went with what I knew. Good luck with everything though. Hopefully you get it figured out.
Honestly can’t remember 🤔 I think it told me to hand tighten it (no power tools). Been a while though so I might have to just go back and take it apart and see if I can play around with it and see what happens. I would prefer not to send it back if I don’t have to though. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah man no problem. And I mean it’s looking like you’re going to have to take it off either way so take it off, tighten it and then try from there. If that fails then I’m guessing you’re going to have to send it back. Goodluck though. Let me know what happens with it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts