8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can someone send me a write up to wire the horn up? Thanks! If you also figured out how to wire cruise control up that'd be useful lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont understand how no one can seem to get their horn wired up? isnt there some tabs in the hub that connect to the horn wires??? I would like to figure out a solution. I really want a quick release setup and i could care less about cruise control or audio controls, but i need the horn functioning.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I dont understand how no one can seem to get their horn wired up? isnt there some tabs in the hub that connect to the horn wires??? I would like to figure out a solution. I really want a quick release setup and i could care less about cruise control or audio controls, but i need the horn functioning.
if it's really that bad then go look up the diagram for the horn assembly. on the steering spring there should be a positive signal wire for the horn. you have to cut and tap that into the aftermarket horn then the other is just a ground. good luck..

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm planning on getting a new wheel soon, and my plan is to build a panel on the dash with around 5ish buttons. small, low-key, and partially unlabeled. cruise control, ignition dead switch and horn will all be on it if all goes as planned!

I suggest relocation, it sounds like the horn is just a btch

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
I don't understand why a horn would be that hard to figure out. It's probably just two wires and you connect them with a momentary switch..how hard could that possibly be.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yea everyone on here is making a bigger deal out of it than it really needs to be, spoke with a rep from NRG and some people at my local speed shop it can and had been done you just find the wire for the horn and and attach it to the connectors on the hub or sonething like that, im gonna get it done and post a DIY and let this be the end of it lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
On my 2010 SI I ran the orange wire (from the stock wiring harness above the steering wheel) to a switch located in the little compartment under my radio. I Then grounded the switch and now I have a horn with my quick release steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Old thread but does anyone know if you can just ghetto rig the three cruise control buttons sideways in one of the blank buttons on the left? Thinking about getting a wheel but I'm not about to lose my cruise control.

·
Registered
16 Posts
most likely if you wired a 2.2 OHM resistor you'll be able to emulate the airbag and get rid of the SRS light. Of course once you reset the SRS system. I created a write up years ago for my 92-95 Civic.

DIY SRS-Bypass Plug - Honda-Tech

Make sure you uses the ceramic resistors. Also make sure it's 2.2 OHMS and not 2.2K <<<---Kilo Ohms

21 - 40 of 51 Posts