8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
From people like me that wear rings on their right hand. Lol. Ever since mine ended up super destroyed I started taking them off when I'd drive. :giggle:

Sent from my iPhone 5c... Yup
Make sense! They're supppper deal but I'm going to polish out what I can and just make myself belive that it's a texture design haha.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I honestly never even thought about this! Definitely worth it for a little change up without having to buy a new shift knob! Probably doing this tonight!

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks for the DIY - tried it and it worked pretty well. not as smooth and shiny as the original post, but definitely enough to make a big difference. didn't use the super super fine sandpaper (like 2000) - 800 seemed to work

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks for the DIY - tried it and it worked pretty well. not as smooth and shiny as the original post, but definitely enough to make a big difference. didn't use the super super fine sandpaper (like 2000) - 800 seemed to work

Looks good. I used Braso and then someone recommended mother's... WORLD of difference.

Looks good though!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Took the plunge tonight. Boring night.

Had a hard time with the edges ... Didn't do the base yet. I wanted to make sure it'd come out like the guide said.

I'll admit ... I was very skeptical. 30 minutes later ... I was a believer.

Here's my results.

And after

Next chance I get I'll do the edges and base. Then clear coat it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone thinking of doing this definitely use a dremel or borrow a friend's. Sanding by hand will take a while not to mention its pretty tiring. Also with a dremel you can easily reach the edges of the shift knob without worrying about damaging the leather. Not saying it can't be done by hand but it much more efficient.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I work in a dental lab so I have access to all sorts of polishing equipment. I polished the shift knob to my old s2000. Ill have to find it and take a picture.

201 - 220 of 225 Posts