8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Hi everyone!

Decided to buy 07 Si wheels and plasti dip them black. Figured I'd paint the calliper red and see how it looks. Anyways, I plasti dipped my wheels, with two coats of plasti dip, followed by two coats of Dupli-Color Wheel paint along with 2 coats of Dupli-Color Clear. I think they look pretty good, and seem pretty durable. It is winter here in Winnipeg, with some snow on the ground still so I'm not going to put them on just yet. Below are pictures stock, plasti dipped, then dipped and painted with a clear coat. Let me know what you guys think!

I don't like how the matte gets dirty and ugly after a week or so, so I thought i'd change it up!

Stock Wheel

Plasti dipped with two coats

Finished Product, with two coats of black paint and two clear coats

The pictures don't really do it justice so I will try and take more tomorrow. I am adding on red center caps later this week so I will also post updated pictures once again.

Thanks for looking!

PS: I suck at adding pictures to these things without making it a thumbnail or link lol.
Matt:badger:

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Plasti Dip in this case is basically the primer, but since it's under the paint it makes it pretty easy to remove. I peeled an edge just to see if it would come off. It took a little tug and pull but ended up peeling with the paint on it and a clear surface underneath, you just have to coat it in plasti dip well enough so that there are no portions of the wheel that are simply being painted rather than protected by the dip, then painted.

Sent from my fingers to your face via my iPhone.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! Definitely should paint them back then coat. Adds extra protection and makes it look black instead of a matte finish which gets very hard to keep clean / look half decent.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Used 2 cans of black paint (half a can for each wheel) and 2 cans of clear as well. Super easy and turned out really well. I'm thinking it should last the whole summer.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.