8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have the new key programmed to the car already? Maybe the wire is in a different hole, did you test all wires to see if there is a pulse on a multimeter? Also, did you long press the button? A normal press wouldn't activate the trunk release function. If all of these have been done already and you hear a relay click in the fuse box then there's a possibility you'll have to run the wire from the fuse box instead of the connector.
New key is programmed. I did check all the wires from the connector and no pulse. I would hold the button until I heard the clicking on the fuse box. As for running a wire from the fuse box, which wire is the one I need to tap into?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan KK (Mexico) Spec
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
New key is programmed. I did check all the wires from the connector and no pulse. I would hold the button until I heard the clicking on the fuse box. As for running a wire from the fuse box, which wire is the one I need to tap into?
Since the relay is working maybe the fuse is blown? Check Fuse 25 in the fuze box inside the car under the steering wheel. If it's fine then I'm guessing a wire will have to be ran from the fuse box to the trunk instead of from the connector by the rear seat to the trunk.

Honestly I never thought to check so I'm not sure where on the back of the fuse box the wire in question goes, but I should be able to spare time to check this Sunday if you'd like. After I do that I'd suggest checking for pulse at that connector before running any wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
do you have a Facebook so I can message you about this?
Since the relay is working maybe the fuse is blown? Check Fuse 25 in the fuze box inside the car under the steering wheel. If it's fine then I'm guessing a wire will have to be ran from the fuse box to the trunk instead of from the connector by the rear seat to the trunk.

Honestly I never thought to check so I'm not sure where on the back of the fuse box the wire in question goes, but I should be able to spare time to check this Sunday if you'd like. After I do that I'd suggest checking for pulse at that connector before running any wire.
I'm in no rush. I won't have time to work on it until next week. Thank you for helping me with this. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan KK (Mexico) Spec
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm in no rush. I won't have time to work on it until next week. Thank you for helping me with this. I appreciate it.
No worries, I'll try and find out either this Sunday (19th), or next Sunday (26th). I do have a question for you tho. Does the harness coming from the front have 1 blank or 2 blanks? And does your harness going to the trunk area have 3 blanks? My harness coming from the front only had one blank, and the harness going to the rear had 3 (2 after I ran the new wire).

·
Registered
5 Posts
No worries, I'll try and find out either this Sunday (19th), or next Sunday (26th). I do have a question for you tho. Does the harness coming from the front have 1 blank or 2 blanks? And does your harness going to the trunk area have 3 blanks? My harness coming from the front only had one blank, and the harness going to the rear had 3 (2 after I ran the new wire).
Hi were you able to figure put how to wire from fuse box?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, first of all, let me apologize for writing to you about such an old thread. This is regarding the civic trunk upgrade. I have a civic 8 FD sedan from Europe. The same as you I have the manual trunk release on the cable. I want to buy a trunk mechanism and try the DIY you did. As of now, I soldered a new button on my key where the trunk button should be but unfortunately, I don't get the light to turn on when pressing it. Should I assume this is the end of my project or is there something different that you did?

Thanks,

David

21 - 27 of 27 Posts