8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
i am about to install the Top Speed header on my r18 and cant seem to find the gasket needed for the install...
anybody know where to get it?

thanks
this piece:
HeaderTBS046.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
i am about to install the Top Speed header on my r18 and cant seem to find the gasket needed for the install...
anybody know where to get it?

thanks
This is a bad option, I quickly broke. If we do not boost, it is better to leave the stock.
I have lost 4 h.p. after a set the Top Speed header.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i'm sure this has been answered, but i don't have time to flip through 11 pages of posts lol.

how similar is this to header installation on an SI? i had my skunk2 megapower installed on my 07 fg2, now i have an 06 fg2 and am considering doing it myself. what do you guys htink?

·
Registered
51 Posts
This might be a silly question, but what is the difference exactly between a header and a test pipe? They seem to be thrown around in the same context so I really can't tell. I know what a header is, but the test pipe I'm unsure of. Also, when you remove the cat does it affect your computer at all? Any lights pop up or anything? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've tried both the megan and topspeed headers. You definitely loose low end power but you seem to get more on the top end. Overall it makes the car sounds raspy and way to loud. Plus each header has annoying metallic pingy sound when you press the throttle. The headaches weren't worth it, plus my topseed header weld ended up cracking so I was leaking exhaust into the engine bay. I threw back the stock cat back on and the car sounds more mellow and refined. I'd be interested in a highflow cat, the magnaflow one is very expensive though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
has anyone done a custom header/test-pipe? that would bolt on to stock exhaust? i guess just basically take out the cat and put regular pipe in there is what im looking to do. everything else is stock, got a short ram intake and a custom axle back exhaust.

201 - 220 of 232 Posts