8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
dont buy this product.... I have the megan racing header and downpipe. I heat wrapped both of them, and my first drive with them, within 10 minutes the damn header cracked on the bottom where the EGR connects. Absolutely RATTLED about this it sounded great and there was a difference.... i wasnt driving the car hard at all and i mean AT ALL just normal drive and boom, cracked, sounded like i was running the damn car with no exhaust line at all. If you buy this, WELD EVERYTHING AGAIN YOURSELF!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lol well my header and down pipe are in my garage waiting to be installed. I hope that doesn't happen lol. If it does though I'm sure MR will give a replacement or refund.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
dont buy this product.... I have the megan racing header and downpipe. I heat wrapped both of them, and my first drive with them, within 10 minutes the damn header cracked on the bottom where the EGR connects. Absolutely RATTLED about this it sounded great and there was a difference.... i wasnt driving the car hard at all and i mean AT ALL just normal drive and boom, cracked, sounded like i was running the damn car with no exhaust line at all. If you buy this, WELD EVERYTHING AGAIN YOURSELF!
what are you gonna do with that:facepalm::eek:

·
Registered
742 Posts
is the top speed header better??

im thinkin about gettin one after i get boomba mounts (hoping that reduces the vibration causing the header welds to break)

heard some TERRIBLE things about the weapon-r and some good adn bad for the megan...ive read a lot of good things about the top speed but idk

any thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey guys,

So I went to corsport and emailed ok of their staff members. Is this te correct angled O2 sensor to remove the CEL light when installing the test pipe? Could anyone provide some links for me to order one someone has had good luck with? Thank you for your Time guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
92 Posts
This mod is extremely difficult if you have one bolt that won't come off.. As now I can't get my cat back on the screws... Kinda screwed at the moment can anyone help out?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
92 Posts
UPDATE- I got the bolt off with a breaker bar, I went ahead and tried to put the new test pipe in and just did a test line up.. it didnt want to match up, and since this is my daily driver I had to have it working.. For the record I dont know as much of the tricks of trade as i may need to but I followed the instal guide perfectly and things just didnt happen the way they should have. I decided to put my stock cat in and upon doing so there was thick white smoke comign from my engine bay. I made sure all of the O2 senors and my EGR bolts were tight.. I double check all mounting bolts and tension springs... I had to take it to the dealer and have them check it because the CEL was on and there was smoke coming out.. $102 dollars later and getting bent over the counter by those ass holes at Penske Honda they said everything was fine and that my bolts were all tight.. they said they needed to re connect an O2 sensor.. SO I guess i just need some help...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
UPDATE- I got the bolt off with a breaker bar, I went ahead and tried to put the new test pipe in and just did a test line up.. it didnt want to match up, and since this is my daily driver I had to have it working.. For the record I dont know as much of the tricks of trade as i may need to but I followed the instal guide perfectly and things just didnt happen the way they should have. I decided to put my stock cat in and upon doing so there was thick white smoke comign from my engine bay. I made sure all of the O2 senors and my EGR bolts were tight.. I double check all mounting bolts and tension springs... I had to take it to the dealer and have them check it because the CEL was on and there was smoke coming out.. $102 dollars later and getting bent over the counter by those ass holes at Penske Honda they said everything was fine and that my bolts were all tight.. they said they needed to re connect an O2 sensor.. SO I guess i just need some help...
it smokes because its re setting the gasket and burning off dirt

·
Registered
198 Posts
anyone have any surefire fixes for the megan header leak between the header and downpipe?
If you have a new or upgraded DP you either need to use the donut gasket that megan racing provided with DP or get another 2.5" donut gasket (I got megan's ceramic coated one). If you don't, that thing will leak and be hella loud.

Make sure you're using the proper spring bolts WITH the springs. Don't try and do some crazy hack fix for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Really great thread overall! So I'm new into the mod scene but still on the fence for investing on this "R18 header/downpipe" I live in the city, and am considering all the cops lurking for tickets to be handed out (good old golden California state has gone broke lol).

+1 for DIY and I'm interested if anyone can recommend quality engine mounts, as Im staring from suspension up :think:

181 - 200 of 232 Posts