8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Do you have a manuel or auto trans, I added a cai on my civic its a auto and my car kept running lean and if i stoped to fast my car would shut off. I took my car to a shop and they said i would have to map my ecu. Can you help?
does ur intake have any veins? if not that is why its running lean mine is also doing this and dies every so often if anyone knows where to buy one to put in that would be awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just installed mine today this DIY helped out way more than the one that injen provides. didnt need to remove the bumper but it still was a PITA to get the stock out. I did cut the liner cause it didnt look like the pipe would fit through the hole.. All in All very pleased with it.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did this today. Just want to add something.

Instead of cutting part of the fender, split the coolant hose that came with the cai vertically and wrap it around the sheet metal that would scrape against the lower cai tube. Voilà, you won't have to worry about scraping through the aluminum.

This is assuming you replaced the two hoses that came with the cai.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did this today. Just want to add something.

Instead of cutting part of the fender, split the coolant hose that came with the cai vertically and wrap it around the sheet metal that would scrape against the lower cai tube. Voilà, you won't have to worry about scraping through the aluminum.

This is assuming you replaced the two hoses that came with the cai.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stupid question. How do I get to the filter when it's time to clean? Drop the bumper or remove the driver side tire? Hope there is an easier way.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Another question??? Do you have to cut out a part of the fender, will there be any problems if you don't cut it?
i never cut mine i just put a piece of rubber hose cut in half around where it touches the side. some people that didnt cut it have rubbed the metal of the intake thin. but im good on mine. i just need to get vanes for mine.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Does anyone have a throttle body spacer installed with this intake? I do and I had some rubbing issues, and my solution still worries me sometimes. (I installed this over a year ago)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Does anyone have a throttle body spacer installed with this intake? I do and I had some rubbing issues, and my solution still worries me sometimes. (I installed this over a year ago)
I have the P2R TBS with this intake and I haven't had any issues. It rubbed when I first installed the intake without the TBS, but I cut the fender liner, and took a dremel to the metal piece that it touches. made sure to rust proof the bare sheet metal and haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have the P2R TBS with this intake and I haven't had any issues. It rubbed when I first installed the intake without the TBS, but I cut the fender liner, and took a dremel to the metal piece that it touches. made sure to rust proof the bare sheet metal and haven't had any issues since.
I haven't had any issues with my fix but ill do that if it comes to it. Thanks

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Quick question, what size screws do you need for the MAF to bolt onto the intake? I got mine installed yesterday and last night my check engine light came on, I was going to reset the ECU today but when I looked I noticed one screw missing and the other one was loose and stripped. Any suggestions?

141 - 160 of 192 Posts