8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need to get an alignment after you have completed the job.

I painted the camber kit to prevent rust in the future.

I think color gave it a nice touch. :dance:

I started on the passenger side, which is a little difficult because of the exhaust pipe in the way. The driver side is easy as pie!

Use jack stands for safety.

Note: Wrap electrical tape around the swivel socket to prevent it from flip flopping all around. Will make life easier!

Done with the passenger side!

Just a glance on how easy the driver side is. Notice, it does not have the annoying backet cover. :dancing:

GO GET YOUR ALIGNMENT!!!

Special thanks to my little helper.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this camber kit good for the Prokit I drive a 2010 civic sedan R18 and how much did it cost
Shouldn't have any problems with the prokit, but not sure if anything changed on the 2010. I got mine from newEdge perf. Email/call to double check.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
so do you need this instead of buying a camber kit? or can you use both? i ask cuzz my tein springs are so low in the back that i'm getting negative camber and i'm looking for a way to fix it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so do you need this instead of buying a camber kit? or can you use both? i ask cuzz my tein springs are so low in the back that i'm getting negative camber and i'm looking for a way to fix it.
Maybe I'm still half asleep, so I might not understand the question correctly, but Ingalls is a rear camber kit. With this kit, it allows you to adjust the camber from ,-1.75 to +1.25 or +1.25 to +5.0 degrees.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I don't think I'll be able to do this with my 3in. exhaust...I can always take it off but then again the alignment shop won't do that...HMMMMM

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think I'll be able to do this with my 3in. exhaust...I can always take it off but then again the alignment shop won't do that...HMMMMM
If you have the correct tools, anything is possible. I was kind, to leave my tools in the floorboard for the algin guy

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Maybe I'm still half asleep, so I might not understand the question correctly, but Ingalls is a rear camber kit. With this kit, it allows you to adjust the camber from ,-1.75 to +1.25 or +1.25 to +5.0 degrees.
i forgot to add that i already have a spc rear camber kit and i still have 2 degrees of negative camber.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i forgot to add that i already have a spc rear camber kit and i still have 2 degrees of negative camber.
Per a web link i found:

TWO SPC Rear Arms: Each arm allows +/- 3.00 degrees of adjustment

2006-up Civic Si (2Dr/4Dr) TEIN S-Tech Springs (1.4F/ 1.3R) Part: SKB14-AUB00

If this is the equipment you have on your vehicle, then you should be able to correct the camber with the kit you have.

What does you alignment printout say on your rear camber?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would this be needed with these springs:

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic - 55.20.79

If so...

Do you really need that backet cover?

Also, I read that you can slide the arm up and down. Should I just keep it at stock height?
Per the link you gave... it states : Lowers approx. 2.0 (F) & 2.0 (R) > If 2.0 means 2" inches, then yes, you need some kit to adjust the rear camber.

I actually cut off that bracket cover at the welds on pic number 11. I just didn't put it in the DIY, bec not sure if other ppl wanted to do that.

Review pic number 6 on the movement of the arm. I liked to use the jack, so I can slowly raise and lower it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You're the man! great DIY! :clapping:
I was having serious second thoughts about lowering mine because of camber kits but hey now i think i can do it with my eyes closed! :D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts