8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
sweet tips, I was wondering about this the other day, and wasn't sure what kind of cleaner to get or brush.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The arms rests are tough on the elbows and get dirty.

As a permanent solution, I changed mine to black leather with red stitching and extra padding from redlinegoods.com. This was the first mod I did to my car.

I got all the interior leather they sell for $300 and another $50 to have the arm rests and door panels wrapped at an upholstery shop. I also got a leather center console, shift boot and seat belt pads.

Looks and feels great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
As for everyone asking what type of brush to buy, I've used an old toothbrush that I washed thoroughly. It's worked great, and it's cheap. It's also small enough to get into the hard to reach areas that a larger brush won't get into.

Also, after blotting out the cleaner, I've sprayed the area with some water, let it sit, and blotted that out. I've found that if you leave cleaner in carpets without "rinsing" afterwards, it tends to attract more dirt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was inspired by this thread. Just got my bottle of Folex in the mail and have a brush that I use to clean my sneakers with (soft enough for suede). Hope it turns out well...

·
Registered
60 Posts
how does everyones arm rest look after fully dried?, i know I sound dumb but i watch this guy Ammonyc on youtube and he says there's a certain way to cleaning suede. He shows how and i got the tools and such but i dont think the right cleaner for it and your suppose rub suede a certain way?? Like suede isnt suppose to feel hard or stick together or be shiny he says. Ahaha thats the only reason why i havent cleaned mine yet but want to soo bad but dont wanna ruin my arm rest. So how does your arm rest look after a cleaning with a brush?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great DIY for something a lot of people overlook. Was sitting with an old toothbrush I use for the steering wheel for 10 minutes and couldn't get anything off, guess I need to use a bigger brush!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts