8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
quick question... (might seem stupid) does anyone know where I can get the tool to pop out the plugs on the bottom of the front bumper? and what is the tool called? also... Does anyone know where I can get new plastic screws to hold my bumper in secure? When I looked under my car I only had 3 holding it on... now I only have 2 because it was a major pain in the ass popping those things out. Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
395 Posts
if you go to collegehillshonda.com and watch the how to... hes using some kind of tool to pry the plastic screws out. I used a flathead as well but... didnt work to well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What, your horn warranty?

I installed the Wolo Big Boy horn without removing the bumper cover. Loosened the two covers on the bottom and slipped a 1/4-inch drive ratchet in to remove the bolt. Then used a hardware-store L bracket to mount the horn using the original bolt and welded nut. For the positive power connection, I sanded a typical spade connector to a width that fit the factory connector.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I did this and got the Low side of the accord horn, connector fits if anyone has that question and sorry if it has already been answered, also, the 09's have 2 horns, one on the driver side and one mounted in the same place on the passenger side.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Also if your changing the horn on the passenger side to an accord one it'll push your fog light out so you have to mount it somewhere else.

·
Registered
582 Posts
do anyone know what years of honda accord horns can fit onto a 07 ex civic? cos i forgot. ima try and get one at this dealership that are parting out accords since it'll be cheaper.

·
Registered
658 Posts
So I purchased the Accord dual low/high tone horn from CollegeHills, and I just realized looking at their site that those horns technically only fit the 08 sedan. I have an 07 sedan. I see a bunch of people on here doing dual horn set-ups. Will I still be able to use these horns on my car or do I need to pick up the single horn?

·
Registered
10 Posts
the worst would be having to splice into cables and find suitable location to attach the second horn. or you can make a small bracket out of some scrap metal.

btw, I use something called tack-puller to remove the plastic thingies. If you go to Home Depot and ask them where you can find a tack-puller, they will help you -that's what I did :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I'm buzzing along in lane 1 going the speed limit. A moron rolls through a red light, makes a WIDE right turn through lane 2 into my lane. I never had to do a panic stop in the Civic before, but here I go tripping the antilocks and very nearly rear ending that clueless moron. I'm ice all the time, but this one got me going.

My factory horn? Useless. It did not stop the moron from proceeding fully into my lane. Either very clueless, or my horn sucks.

So I'm wanting to upgrade my horn too. Then I read this:

Guys all i have to say is if you are going to do this, use a fuse on the horn wire right there. I didnt use one and my ground shorted and the short damaged my ecu.
Do you have a fuse on there now? Did the dealership fix it?
Why do you need a fuse Is the existing horn not have a fuse ?

So what's this about fuses and blown ecu? The horn harness should be behind a relay, and fused out of the factory. Why do I need another fuse?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Got a question, I'm about to do an upgrade to my horn as well and I want to do the high and low tones.

Do you need a relay for this or is this plug and play? 1 wire from the old horn to power up 2 horns. Is this right?

81 - 100 of 126 Posts