8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm right there with you... having the aux input tucked in the console is way better than having the cord getting in your way. You have an auto... I have a 6 spd... it REALLY gets in your way sometimes. Lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cool, did this also, but instead of taking the console apart I just ran the wire down into the foot well then under the panels and back up right between the seat and the storage box. I just didn't feel like tearing the console apart until I got the parts to install an extra 12v accessory port or two in the storage compartment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The main topic I was looking for throughout the whole forum. TWO HUGE THUMBS UP ON THIS. Bookmarked. Been dying for this DIY. I hate having the cord all jumbled up. I always pull my e-brake when I park and i'll sometimes pull the aux cord cause its jumbled next to the e-brake. XD +100 points to you!

·
Registered
122 Posts
So do you mess with the aux plug at all or plug it in from the outside the. Run it back inside to hide it? Or is there a way to splice into the wire?

·
Registered
30 Posts
lol i have a suction cup mount for my sedan. It sticks to the little quarter window in the front and i just tuck wires away around the steering wheel and it just pops out the other side. I considered trying to just run it through the dash and out the corner of the vent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has done this, thank you so much for the DIY. I have enough cables as is with my FP. Is there a DIY for a clean tuck or hide for the FP? Thanks for the help.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts