8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking about doing this as well, I'm really ocd though so I would definitely just put an alternate 3.5mm aux jack in the center console that would be flush mounted so it would look OEM. I'll post pics when I get to doing this but here's a link to what I'm talking about, all you have to do is splice the male end into the current aux wires in the dash.

FLUSH MOUNT AUX 3.5MM 1/8 AUDIO HEADPHONE JACK 3FT DOCK | eBay

If the link dies after the auction is over and just search google or ebay for "flush mount AUX" you'll see what I'm talking about ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also, I would assume you could use the stock AUX jack for your aftermarket radio. As long as the head unit has rear RCA AUX jacks I would think you could use an RCA-to mini 3.5mm(headphone) jack cut off the headphone male and just tap them into the stock aux wires. I did this with my other civic, but I used a custom flush mount jack like the one I mentioned above since it's an EG and didn't have an aux port till I put it in. It should be very easy I would think though, at the end of the day your just matching up wires lol If I get bored I'll take pics and stuff.

Here is a picture of the cable you would need to use the stock aux, they sell them at best buy, target, even wall mart!
http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC399-12_LR.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have any of you guys considered doing the easy route by just getting a Bluetooth AUX Cable? I got sick of my AUX cable too but I didn't feel very comfortable drilling my interior to hide a cable. So I went on Amazon and ordered a Britelink Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver. It fits perfectly in that little cubby next to the AUX in. Just another idea for you guys

·
Registered
246 Posts
Have any of you guys considered doing the easy route by just getting a Bluetooth AUX Cable? I got sick of my AUX cable too but I didn't feel very comfortable drilling my interior to hide a cable. So I went on Amazon and ordered a Britelink Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver. It fits perfectly in that little cubby next to the AUX in. Just another idea for you guys

how is the sound quality to that? im currently using the monster cable and it sounds great already

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
What the, you have power source in the glovebox. Since when

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Glove box?? I don't see a pic with the glove box and a power source. What I see is a power source in the arm rest. I've checked all pages where are u seeing this.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts