8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a picture of what the harness looks like with a factory aux input connected? I have the factory input, but I'm considering a mod and I'm trying to visualize what I'd have to work with.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did this mod in about 10 minutes. A lil differently tho. 1 st lift the arm rest thing up. Have it all empty and a drill in hand. Drill a hole on the front driver side of the storage interior (make sure your cup sliding door is up so you don't drill into it) next pop the shift boot piece off with your hands. Grab a long stick tape he aux cable and snake it from the storage bin to the shift boot area. From there you can put your hands inside and move the cable to the other bin that's above the shifter. Then just replace everything. I hope this doesn't sound confusing lol it's really easy if you need I can post a picture

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this mod in about 10 minutes. A lil differently tho. 1 st lift the arm rest thing up. Have it all empty and a drill in hand. Drill a hole on the front driver side of the storage interior (make sure your cup sliding door is up so you don't drill into it) next pop the shift boot piece off with your hands. Grab a long stick tape he aux cable and snake it from the storage bin to the shift boot area. From there you can put your hands inside and move the cable to the other bin that's above the shifter. Then just replace everything. I hope this doesn't sound confusing lol it's really easy if you need I can post a picture

I know you posted this back in January but if you are still around and have a picture and maybe a little bit more drawn out explanation I'd love to get it.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Here we go

First clean out the center area and grab a drill bit big enough so that the aux head can fit through (DANGER: Please remember to have the sliding door over your cup holders up so you don't drill into it!!) This hole does not enter the cuper holder area but might if you drill too deep so use caution

Next pop up the shift area with your fingers. Then grab a strong stick or clothes hanger tape on end of the aux cable and fish it from the hole over to the shift boot. (I don't know how hard this part is for automatics but for stick shift it pops really easily)

From here undo the tape and run the cable with your finger to the little hole above the shifter plug it in (you might have to pop out this little area)

And you're done! Enjoy your ipod without any annoying cables in your way! Quick easy no more than 20 minutes

41 - 60 of 95 Posts