8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes I did remove the front bottom mount(well I took the bolt out). I also loosened the one on the top passenger side. I greased the crap out of it lol. I have pressed in a bench vise ATM trying to get it smashed down a little for some extra wiggle room.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yes I did remove the front bottom mount(well I took the bolt out). I also loosened the one on the top passenger side. I greased the crap out of it lol. I have pressed in a bench vise ATM trying to get it smashed down a little for some extra wiggle room.
Is it just not going in?

·
Registered
139 Posts
For those of you that had to shave some down on the 70A. Did you have to shave the black Urethane? I shaved the aluminum or whatever on the part that goes to the oil pan bracket. I cant not get the end into the subframe period. I have tried everything I can think of, other then to shave down the black Urethane.

I shaved mine to as well and used a lot of grease to put it in

·
Registered
371 Posts
I shaved it a tiny bit and put a ton of Vaseline on it. Finally was able to get it in, then moved on to the skunk2 alpha header install. Since the stock rear mount is the reasone I think the flex pipe broke on my invidia header. I know I never want to do a rear motor mount again lol. Thanks for the help and the great DIY.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just finished installing this mount and it was a really big headache.
I was simply just doing the rear mount and not all the other mounts so there just wasn't enough slack to work the old mount out without prying it out and afterwards gently knocking the new mount in...a battle till the very end, but well worth it. I don't notice any crazy vibrations, maybe I'm just using to driving with my radio off and hearing nothing but my engine and tires.

·
Registered
197 Posts
darn where are all the pictures in the OP :(

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Pictures didn't show for me, but the written instructions alone were very helpful to me while installing my mounts.

Ran into a snag though, actually stripped one of the bolts going into the frame on the passenger side. Got a new bolt and ran a tap through it a few times and all was well. Just had to jack the motor up really high to get that side to finally line up the way it was supposed to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We need to get the pictures back up. Going to attempt changing my mounts tomorrow, hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones who only requires lube and bang! Lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
Most pictures no longer work because the majority of users uploaded them using photobucket. Photobucket then changed the way there services worked causing the majority of people's links to no longer work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Really easy solution for this. Use the jack in the trunk of your car and wedge it in between the sub frame and transmission and you can move and hold the engine in place with precision. This was honestly the easies part of the install for me. Getting all the bolts out especially the front motor mount bolt was the hardest part along with having to shave down the knock off HasSport mount i bought down. And dont say its going to mess up the steel/aluminum as one of the pic's provided shows where it was on my trans and no marks. Doesnt take much pressure to move the motor and your lug wrench is 19mm which is the same size as the bolts holding the mount in for getting bolts in place, this is helpful if your on your garage floor. The best tool for this is in everyones trunk, Thanks Honda!!! Use some rustoleum rust reformer too while your there on your sub frame to get rid of any cancerous rust that might be growing in the area, as you can see i did as it collects in corners and under plastic panels. Use 2-3 cans of that stuff till your supports/subframe is so black the ACLU will have to show up. Check out these Pic's yah MOFO's

341 - 358 of 358 Posts