8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wanting to take off the front and lower bumper vents completely, has anyone done this or have a DIY for it? I had a mechanic look for bolts, thinking it was seperate from the bumper but it turns out its actually part of the bumper. So im assuming you might need to cut it off if you want it off, I could be wrong though. Heres what im talking about in the picture below circled in yellow. TORENN has it on one of their cars for display and I think its completely badass.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can you remove the upper one? Rip it off? haha. I tried messing with it not to long ago and it seems to be connected and/or glued. Its still under warranty and a lease so if I could remove it and then be able to put it back on later let me know, because I want that crap off.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^what so confusing? remove your bumper and look at the back of the grille. the screw holding it in should be obvious. the lower bumper grill however, cannot be removed wihtout cutting it off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
There are about 8 screws holding the grille on if memory serves, and then after that, theres some support plastics that would have to be cut off.

The lower part of the grille could be cut off, and actually doing it with an X-Acto knife would be easy enough. I did my fogs that way. Takes time but it's precise.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol. Well i wasnt going to do it I was going to have my guy do it. And the directions you gave me @ collegehill were for fog lights or somit. But I think hell be able to figure it out. And im replacing it with barbe wire, so when I hit birds when I drive that puppy through a corn field they will be dead on impact. Then I wont have to worry about killing them myself...:redface:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts