8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bookmarking this guide.. I'll be getting a skunk2 header and full race exhaust in the next coming weeks :). Hopefully the header wont be a ***** to install...

·
Registered
73 Posts
**UPDATE**
i installed a go power 575 with 3 inch collector and it really opens up the car, power with the full race 3inch is amazing up top.
the exhaust is louder, with a deeper tone but it sounds even better than before! im in love again!!!
i will post some videos when i take them.

There are some great threads on installing exhuast, and everyone knows about the video of riceboys s2 exhaust install. all of those work great, but i figured id make a diy on my install of my full-race exhaust to be a little more specific with this brand and the install.

Tools Needed.

Jack
Jackstands
10mm socket
12mm socket
14 mm socket
15mm socket
9/16 socket
flat head screw driver
and maybe those in wrenches to.
WD40(makes everything a breeze seriously)
i think thats it. you can really do this install with just an all in one cheap tool kit.

so on with the install!

1. first park your car on a level surface and rip the ebrake, i left my car in gear as well. for this install i lifted the back of the car, i have seen people do just one side but i recommend just lifting the back straight up, one side at a time.image

also, i took of the rear wheel, it made it alot easier to see some of the hangers, and just gives you a little more room and eye sight.

2. now you want to get under there and start removing the oem exhaust.
start at the cat(these bolts are on there so ******* tight). this is were the wd40 came in handy(or anything that will loosen them up).

it took a pipe on the end of the wrench for leverage, and on the top one literally my dad on the other side of the car used his foot to push. they are on there so tight but dont give up, use plenty of wd40 and they will come off.

*note keep at least one of the bolts on there loosely so later the exhaust doesnt just fall on the ground*

3.next move your way up to the muffler section were it bolts up to the piping. there are two bolts that have springs on them. just simply loosen them untill you can take them off, be careful at this point the muffler will only be hanging on one end by the two rubber grommets.(this is were a partner comes in handy)

4.now spray these rubber grommets with wd40

*note, you will be using all of the oem rubber grommets on the full race hangers, so for now you only need to spray the part of the grommet that is hanging on the actual car, not exhaust.*

try and find the biggest flat head screwdriver you have and simply pry the rubber grommet off the hanger. slide the muffler out of the backside of the car.

5. now you only have the piping from the muffler back to the cat to worry about.

there are two hangers at the front and one near the middle.

spray the hangers/grommets with more wd40 and have your partner hold the exhaust and pry the grommets off the hangers, remember to take that bolt we left on off after you get all the grommets.

^showing the two grommets

were done taking the oem exhaust off, take a break (or like me anxiously wait for the fedex guy to deliver the adapter)

this is what you are left with.

Full-Race exhaust install**

at this point for me anyway, it had started raining:facepalm:
all the water dripping off my car had went under and i had to get completely soaked.

1. transfer over all of the rubber grommets from the oem exhaust over to the new full-race exhaust.(use wd40)

*note for some reason the my exhaust(maybe all) came with an extra hanger on there, i just left it alone. take not in the pictures the hangers on the oem exhaust and then the full race,(i have the rubber grommet on the wrong hanger in these pics, take a look.

2. take the full-race adapter(unless you are using the normal 3 inch piece).

*note they give you a 3 inch clamp to go around the piping/adapter throw it on there so before connecting the adapter so you can tighten them together later*

3.now spray all of the rubber grommets with more wd40 so they slide right on the hangers that are on the car.

4. full-race supplied six bolts and nuts, the oem bolts on the cat im pretty sure are welded on there, so i used them and the oem nuts.

just get the three on there hand tight.

5.now grab the muffler and feed it through the back up to the piping.

hang the exhaust on the hanger, and use the supplied bolts/nuts(dont forget the supplied gasket!) to connect it to the piping.

*note, they give you two gaskets, obviously the gasket wont fit up by the cat, so i didnt use it*

6. now that the whole exhaust is on loosely, go ahead and adjust it were you want it, and start cranking all the bolts down.

starting at the cat, get these as tight as you can! you dont want any leaks!

next do not do the clamp yet, wait untill the muffler section is done, to allow the adapter to move and be set in there right.

7.crank these on there tight! space is tight as well but get them on there good.image

now move back to the clamp and crank it down nice and tight.

8. go over your exhaust and make sure everything is on there right and tight!:dancing:

if there is anything wrong with my diy or install, please dont hesitate(not that anyone would lol) to let me know so i can fix it.

this is my first diy and first exhaust install.

heres some random pics and thanks for looking!

i want to thank Geoff and everyone at full-race, you guys are awsome!!!!
i love everything about this exhaust and the customer service and fast shipping is top notch!
i would recommend anyone and everyone to get this exhaust or any full-race product i will be shopping with them in the future.

oh, and thank you geoff for the stickers that showed up as i was putting this all in!!:dance:

edit: heres some pics of the back end and ill through a video up (dont mind my friends in the video :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9n9dEuCiKA
Great DIY ! Used it to install my tsudo exhaust today. Very detailed. And yes those first three nuts are the worst >,< lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got the fullrace on two days ago but I have one question...the hangar that is the middle of the catback is now actually touching the hangar on the car. Do I need to pry the catback over so I can get the rubber groment on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Damn thread is still going strong

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes,
This exhaust makes this car sound like the nicest car I've ever heard.
My car after installing this exahaust sounds better than any car in the movies.
It has, better put, a sexy deep authoritative tone that's not loud, but it lets people know you're there.
It sounds WAYYY better outside the car than inside, but inside I'd say the noise level from 1-8 is a 4.8 7 being unbearable.
This exhaust is a beautiful add on to any civic.
AND IT'S 3"!!

Btw for anyone who cannot remove any of the first three bolts on the Cat,
Put a torch up to it for about a minute or more than then try loosening it!
I broke one of the bolts on my cat... The sons of Chickens are bevel-groove welded on the flange...
We had to drill a hole and put a nut on the other side when installing the FR exhaust.

I'm very satisfied with the sound of this exhaust, it's incredible..
My jaw dropped a little when I first started it. :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yes,
This exhaust makes this car sound like the nicest car I've ever heard.
My car after installing this exahaust sounds better than any car in the movies.
It has, better put, a sexy deep authoritative tone that's not loud, but it lets people know you're there.
It sounds WAYYY better outside the car than inside, but inside I'd say the noise level from 1-8 is a 4.8 7 being unbearable.
This exhaust is a beautiful add on to any civic.
AND IT'S 3"!!

I'm very satisfied with the sound of this exhaust, it's incredible..
My jaw dropped a little when I first started it. :)
another satisfied customer :vtec: THANKS for the review :dance:

101 - 120 of 139 Posts