8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Banned
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Just have them put 3 tack welds on there, it will never come apart, and all you have to do is grind them off

·
Registered
38 Posts
well the leak is no more. i tighten the **** out of it. but it rattles sometimes when i start now. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt... any ideas?

·
Banned
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Stiffer exhaust hangers, bend he heat shielding away from the exhaust

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah i made sure all the heat shields were out of the way of the exhaust. there was plenty of clearance when i put everything on but ill have to get back underneath and check again since i tightened the clamp. its so weird, cuz sometimes it'll rattle and sometimes it wont. not just when starting the car but driving too. i was at a stop earlier and the rattling was so intense. but after i got home, parked, and started it again later, it was fine. ill order some stiffer hangers tonight though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just an update but I fixed the problem. I guess after I tightened the clamp, it moved the exhaust slightly so it ended up rubbing against the heatshield. Some banging and new hangers fixed the problem :)

·
Banned
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Good to hear man:)

·
Banned
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Stock header? I've ran this with every set up besides a supercharger and they all sound great:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
My good friend got one of these about a year ago and I've been in love with it since. I had a 1993 Prelude before I bought my Civic and I had the RS*R cat-back on it. I loved that it had a good sporty tone, but wasn't overly loud. The Full Race is exactly what I wanted. My friend has since added a race header and some other goodies.

My vehicle is essentially stock; it has a K&N drop-in filter and the Full Race exhaust. Did the install on my lunch break today. Had the entire process finished in about 45 minutes. I knew the cat nuts would be the hardest part, so one of my techs hit them with a torch and they came right off. I need to adjust the adapter to move the tip in just a little, and then twist the muffler section to line it up, but overall it looks great!

Great product from Full Race! Quality and performance are excellent!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got mine installed yesterday have a couple exhaust leaks lol but gonna take it to an exhaust shop and get it all aligned too.

Full review about the whole thing coming soon :D

81 - 100 of 139 Posts