8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
it should...i have the regular rear hfp for regular civic on my si...the si rear lip at a bigger black lower section on it...it still fit on my si
Not the other way around. SI bumpers have the drill hole markings on the back, because HFP rear lip FOR SI is attached using 6-8 bolts + 2 double sided tape.

LX etc bumpers do not have the drill hole markings so you have no idea where to drill to punch those 6-8 bolts through. LX HFP rear lips are attached with nothing but double sided tape (except at the wheel well)

·
Registered
77 Posts
The rear HFP lip kit for my 07 sedan GX just doublestuck on then bolted at the very bottom only. . .no cutting for exhaust or drilling into middle of factory bumper needed like instructions given to me by honda dealer!

The side skirts went on pretty easy with "quick and dirty" method DIY posted by someone on this website. . .saved a whole bunch of time!

I have an 09 bumper on the front of my 07 and front templates for HFP lip kit were JUNK!

The recommended drill hole locations did not line up with outter front lip tabs soo I pulled off outter tabs and it fits like a charm now!!

Good luck

·
Registered
671 Posts
installed my rear hfp lip tonight...didnt cut and only bolted the two bottom ones only. Took me aprx about 45 minutes. Kind of disapointed i cant have my mud flaps anymore. Oh well. The bumper looks so much better now though!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I didnt want to mess up mine so I let the dealer install it yesterday and when I went to pick it up they said your car is in the wash bay now and well have it right out. I told them Im pretty sure you shouldnt wash it or let it get rained on for 24 hours. Sure enough my sides and front lip were coming off in parts so they tried to fix it. Now I have to wait for them to order new pieces and re install!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didnt want to mess up mine so I let the dealer install it yesterday and when I went to pick it up they said your car is in the wash bay now and well have it right out. I told them Im pretty sure you shouldnt wash it or let it get rained on for 24 hours. Sure enough my sides and front lip were coming off in parts so they tried to fix it. Now I have to wait for them to order new pieces and re install!
they were gunna do the same thing to mine until I told them not to dumb***es...u would think they know wat they r doing.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts